Jul 09, 2005, 03:00 PM
Thread OP

Anyone know anything about the new Aero Ace

I saw an ad in the September issue of Backyard Flyer on the Aero Ace by AirHogs RC. Anyone know anything about this plane. Price, where available, How it flys, etc. I have checked the site they specify in the ad and can not find much info. Your help is appreciated. Thanks Harold
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2005, 07:02 PM
Just add water!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy70
I saw an ad in the September issue of Backyard Flyer on the Aero Ace by AirHogs RC. Anyone know anything about this plane. Price, where available, How it flys, etc. I have checked the site they specify in the ad and can not find much info. Your help is appreciated. Thanks Harold

I bought one today and just a half hour ago flew it in my 1/8th acre backyard....GET THIS PLANE!!! It is a true backyard flyer! I got it at Toy's 'R Us, $30.00. Worth it. Now I bought a Slo-V and Firebird Scout in the past 2 weeks, my first RC planes but have not had the chance to fly them yet so this Aero Ace is actually my first RC flight and it is a BLAST! Took me about a half hour or so to figure out how to fly it but I can't wait for tomorrow to fly so more! It's RTF, all you need to do (if you want to) is put on the decals and charge the plane. The TX takes 6 AA's and the plane has a Lithium in it.
Flys fr about 10-15 minutes per charge depending on throttle use.

GET IT! You'll LOVE IT!

Tom
Sep 17, 2005, 07:21 PM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
its a great flyer, i'd suggest anyone to buy one. it was originally called the X-Twin from over seas, but airhogs carrys them now. i've had mine since august 3rd and have flown it/them almost every day. i've also made a ton of differant planes useing the electronics from them. its the best deal for 30 bucks. you wont be dissapointed.

here's the original thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382167

heres the mod thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401484

nick
Sep 17, 2005, 07:48 PM
Just add water!
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
its a great flyer, i'd suggest anyone to buy one. it was originally called the X-Twin from over seas, but airhogs carrys them now. i've had mine since august 3rd and have flown it/them almost every day. i've also made a ton of differant planes useing the electronics from them. its the best deal for 30 bucks. you wont be dissapointed.

here's the original thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382167

heres the mod thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401484

nick

Thanks Nick! I can't wait to fly it tomorrow. Man is it a LOT of fun!

Not much on the web about it though.

Tom
Sep 17, 2005, 07:59 PM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
no problem Tom.

since AirHogs just got the AeroAce on their product line, they probably havent had much time to update their site. they also dont have replacement parts yet (namely the props) but they said they would have them sometime soon.

a word of caution while flying in wind: dont get too much altitude or you can lose the plane. since they climb so easily, especially in wind, it'll take off on you in a hurry, and since you cant turn with power off, its really hard to get it back down. they only cost 30 dollars, but its heart-wrenching watching your plane sail away not be able to do anything about it.

nick
Dec 14, 2005, 06:42 PM
anybody know where i can get a new prop mine shattered today , and i love flying it

doug
Dec 14, 2005, 10:53 PM
spinmaster say will have them around this time-january.
Oct 15, 2007, 08:10 PM
Running jokes into the ground
the aero ace is the crack of rc modelers. if this keeps up, spinmaster will be rolling in evenn more dough than before.

Quick Reply