Multiplex Lentus Thermal RR - Made of Elapor

MrMPXHobbies presents the Lentus! The model is designed as a club glider with a focus on thermal and slope flight.

Splash

Lentus Thermal RR

The Lentus is the latest development from MULTIPLEX. The model is designed as a club glider with a focus on thermal and slope flight.

We have again implemented a lot of innovative ideas in the Lentus. In the basic RR version already built, the model has a powerful ROXXY brushless motor for 3S-2600 batteries and is equipped as standard with 6 Hitec HS-65HB servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons and flaps. By installing the optionally available retractable landing gear, the model is self-launching in conjunction with a 4S 2600 battery and an 8x6" propeller. As a further option, it is possible to activate the prepared tow release by installing a Hitec HS-65HB servo, and this despite the installed electric motor and landing gear! Due to the modern airfoil design, the model achieves a very wide performance range and allows a dynamic flying style. The 4 flap surfaces allow pinpoint landings (butterfly).

Multiplex Lentus Thermal Features

• Very good-natured circling flight characteristics for safe thermal flying.
  • Prototypical look of modern gliders
  • Clear view canopy with detailed cockpit
  • FES option (Front Electric Self Launch) with optional retractable landing gear, 4S drive (4S 2600) and 8x6 propeller - so the model is self-launchable
  • Tow release prepared (can also be used with the electric version)
  • TEK vario installation prepared (display of airspeed and vario measurement data)
  • Stable, elaborate wing with double CFK-ALU composite spars
  • Forced connection of servo contacts with M6 high-current connectors in the wings
  • Removable rudder with cove hinges
  • Extremely rigid fuselage in M-Space technology with 20mm profile tube
  • Rudder flaps reinforced with stainless steel tubes
  • Spacious, structured interior for battery, RC and telemetry
  • High quality printed and plotted decoration
  • Landing skid made of sturdy stone chip protection foil
  • Nose strip protection integrated in the decor

Learn More!

Head over to MrMPXHobbies for more info...

Keep Flying with our Crash Discount Program!

Never worry about crashing with our crash discount program! Send us a picture of your crashed plane and we will give you a coupon for parts to repair your plane. Our goal is to keep you in the air. CLICK HERE

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jun 09, 2021 at 03:52 PM..
Jun 08, 2021, 01:00 PM
Thank you Jim,

Our next shipment is in the air now.
We are filling orders as fast as we can, will fill back orders first.
Feels good to be back serving the Multiplex clients.
Latest blog entry: LOL he is Back!
Jun 08, 2021, 01:33 PM
Span, weight, wing area?

Thanks.
(Don't feel obligated, tho. I won't be in the market for this unless my house burns down and takes lots of models with it.)
Jun 08, 2021, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
Span, weight, wing area?

Thanks.
(Don't feel obligated, tho. I won't be in the market for this unless my house burns down and takes lots of models with it.)
Hopefully it is this 3m model.

https://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte/1-00900-rr-lentus
Jun 08, 2021, 03:05 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
Span, weight, wing area?

Thanks.
Flight weight of glider in grams: 2400
Model character: Electric glider
models Material: Elapor
Level: 2 Hobby
Wingspan in mm: 3000
RC functions: SR / HR / QR / Spoiler / Motor Flight
weight electric in grams: 2400
Flight time in minutes: 30
Total wing loading g per square meter : 46
Total surface area in qdm: 52.6 Battery
types / cells: 3S LiPo
construction time in min .: 360

She's a real beauty. I always like Multiplex gliders.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jun 08, 2021, 08:33 PM
No class, no smarts, and ugly
Funny how no specs are listed on the site for span or anything.

Are they serious on a foam plane priced at $675.03 ?! That $.03 makes the price even funnier.
Jun 08, 2021, 08:51 PM
I have an EasyGlider, a FunGlider, and a Cularis... I would trade them all in for the Lentus.
You had me at "self-launching."
Jun 08, 2021, 08:58 PM
Thanks for puting your 2 cents in. We will get specs listed new web site blues. Yup expensive beer cooler plane but wow she is cool.
Jun 08, 2021, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMPX
Thanks for puting your 2 cents in. We will get specs listed new web site blues. Yup expensive beer cooler plane but wow she is cool.
Is it the same spec as the link I posted above?
Jun 08, 2021, 09:08 PM
Thanks smurf. Asked our August web guru to fix the omissions.

Had a sort of ruthless response drafted but deleted it. Because not everyone gets my humor and brash responses, as a vendorbest tone it down or get blasted. But it was funny.

Look it is expensive it is foam and darn it flat out works.
Well enough for me to invest into bringing in the entire line again after almost 20 years. It's that good!
Jun 08, 2021, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Thanks smurf. Asked our August web guru to fix the omissions.

Had a sort of ruthless response drafted but deleted it. Because not everyone gets my humor and brash responses, as a vendorbest tone it down or get blasted. But it was funny.

Look it is expensive it is foam and darn it flat out works.
Well enough for me to invest into bringing in the entire line again after almost 20 years. It's that good!
You're welcome but you kind of didn't answer the question .
I'm a pretty big smartass and it is my kind of humor.
Jun 08, 2021, 09:38 PM
Yes thank you for the specs. Web site updated. THANKS and Thanks to MT_100 for keeping us on our toes.
Would love to do a demo flight or say 20 with you MT_100
Last edited by MrMPX; Jun 08, 2021 at 11:15 PM.
Jun 09, 2021, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Yes thank you for the specs. Web site updated. THANKS and Thanks to MT_100 for keeping us on our toes.
Thanks and I was also able to join the wish list.
Jun 09, 2021, 07:27 AM
No class, no smarts, and ugly
Quote:
I'll do a demo flight and be a product tester I live in Michigan so send one to me ( free )and I will play with it for a few years .

Honestly, that price point would put me in the category of people the died in their sleep with a pillow over their face by the wife. And that would just be the end of it after days of suffering and torture the way only a wife can do. lol

I don't doubt it flies well at all.
Jun 09, 2021, 11:44 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
I nominate Matt Gunn!

Quick Reply