Jun 06, 2021, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

spring air problems

Evening all, here i am again to dip into the font of knowledge again.

i have a trike set of spring airs in my jim fox viggen using a jetronics electric valve. pump it up and they all retract ok. after a few minutes the noseleg comes down on its own with the mains staying up. flick the switch and the mains come down.
my thoughts are if it is leaking why don't the mains come down as the air gets lost with the noseleg and why is this happening and of course how do i remidy the situation?

many thanks in advance for any help.

jason
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2021, 08:22 PM
The seal in the cylinder may be dry. At the beginning of the season, I use a drop of 3 in 1 oil when I air up the system.
Edwin
Jun 07, 2021, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Hi Edwin, I will give that a try. But if the air is leaking why don't the mains come down as well. Many thanks. Jason
Jun 07, 2021, 06:51 AM
Dont know.
Edwin
Last edited by edwin1; Jun 14, 2021 at 07:13 AM.
Jun 14, 2021, 04:32 AM
Thread OP
Hi Edwin many thanks, I oiled it and it's sorted. I would not have thought of that in a million years, I was looking to replace the seals. You can't have a Saab viggen with only the noseleg dangling down. Cheers Jason
Jun 14, 2021, 07:14 AM
Good to hear. I was wondering what the solution would be. I got the 3in1 oil idea from an old timer. He did it as annual maintenance.
Edwin

Quick Reply