Jun 05, 2021, 11:01 PM
Outback of Beyond
Thread OP
Discussion

Ohio to abolish ALL vaccine requirements?!? Tell me it isn't true!

I hope this story isn't true.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...-requirements/

If it is, the progress of public health will be set back by a century or more.
Jun 05, 2021, 11:53 PM
The QuadFather
I gotta agree with you on this. But I also see the flip side, as well. No easy answer it seems.
Jun 06, 2021, 12:12 AM
Outback of Beyond
Thread OP
I would just like some confirmation whether this is really happening in Ohio (given the the Republicans control the House, Senate and Governorship of that state).

I can't see ANY upside to this if it is true. We have had recent outbreaks of measles, mumps and rubella here because of a few anti-vaxxer parents sending their unvaccinated children to school. I would hate to see these easily preventable and extremely damaging childhood diseases re-emerge again for no good reason other than parental personal "choice".
Jun 06, 2021, 12:26 AM
The QuadFather
Apparently so. Google Fu shows many examples of this story.

One such: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...on/7121529002/
Jun 06, 2021, 03:54 AM
Unregistered night flyer
Hasnt the measles outbreaks been tied to unvaccinated immigrants? Dont count on your crooked MSM to report much on stories like that.
Jun 06, 2021, 04:03 AM
I hate propellors
It appears that OHIO has a death wish. How long before other states put up border controls as a basis for quarantine.

There appears to be more and more evidence that ignorance it the basis of US policy rather than science.
Jun 06, 2021, 04:19 AM
Suspended Account
The inmates are running the Asylum!
Jun 06, 2021, 05:38 AM
Unregistered night flyer
The issue here is patients rights and a pesky little issue called informed consent. Since 1988 there have been over 4 billion dollars in vaccine injury payouts thru a not widely publicized thing called the The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).

The risks of vaccines are downplayed and the need for such a wide range of them is greatly exaggerated. Do infants really need a vitamin K shot shortly after birth? Why has the vaxxine schedule for young people expanded from a dozen or so in the 50s to more than 5x that today? What about the cumulative effects of the toxins found in those vaccines?

Why so much mystery and propaganda from the drug companies? Why arent they more open with the real world statistics involved?

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...keep-climbing/
Jun 06, 2021, 05:44 AM
Polio outbreak next...Bin Laden's revenge
Jun 06, 2021, 05:53 AM
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150
The issue here is patients rights and a pesky little issue called informed consent. Since 1988 there have been over 4 billion dollars in vaccine injury payouts thru a not widely publicized thing called the The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).

The risks of vaccines are downplayed and the need for such a wide range of them is greatly exaggerated. Do infants really need a vitamin K shot shortly after birth? Why has the vaxxine schedule for young people expanded from a dozen or so in the 50s to more than 5x that today? What about the cumulative effects of the toxins found in those vaccines?

Why so much mystery and propaganda from the drug companies? Why arent they more open with the real world statistics involved?

Jun 06, 2021, 06:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:

If that's the case then it comes across as the only way to stop greedy companies making money prescribing erroneous 'vaccines' (an injection of Vitamin K isn't a 'vaccine', actually) is to stop ALL vaccine use??

Errr... a rather incomprehensible black-or-white approach that doesn't address the actual problem, methinks.
Jun 06, 2021, 06:18 AM
Just wear your mask and you will be fine.
Jun 06, 2021, 06:29 AM
Suspended Account
Well, I, and the family, have had all the vaccine doses - so we'll all be 'even finer'!
Jun 06, 2021, 06:40 AM
Retired USAF
Quote:
Hasnt the measles outbreaks been tied to unvaccinated immigrants? Dont count on your crooked MSM to report much on stories like that.
Regardless of where the outbreaks come from, itís a reason to have the vaccine!

Not following your logic trail.
Jun 06, 2021, 07:04 AM
I hate propellors
There is a trade off. To provide an individual and therefore all individuals a right to refuse vaccination entails the acceptance of one or more or many people having a disease that they do not want and have not chosen to have. I mau be argued that if a person cannot accept the risk of beig ill with a disea that they can choose the vaccination but there is a problem, The continued infection allows the disease to mutate and reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.

This the problem of talking about individual rights. Should an individual have a right to cause harm to other individuals? The idea of rights in a constitution is a two edged sword if a society has no commitment to proper ethical argument rather than chantra a mantra of selfish proclamation based on ignorance.

Quick Reply