May 28, 2021, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Xk a220 p-40

Well lets just say that i like the looks of this one!

A Micro P-40 from XK!

A220 P40 (1 min 29 sec)

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; May 28, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2021, 11:57 AM
Thread OP
The box says it got a1020 motor, 3.7Volt Lipo.
Wingspan 384mm, Lenght 326mm flying weight 66 grams.
And the stabilizers we all have gotten used to.

Anyhow, looks nice!

Tommy
May 28, 2021, 12:04 PM
crni škanjac
384mm wingspan....
66g....
epp....
3.7v 400mah....
3d/6d gyro....

motor?? ... 10mm...

spec similar to v761 warbird series....

me like.....
May 28, 2021, 12:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugar
384mm wingspan....
66g....
epp....
3.7v 400mah....
3d/6d gyro....

motor?? ... 10mm...

spec similar to v761 warbird series....

me like.....
Me like it2!
Sadly it has the same stupid mounting of the aileron servo as Volantex/Eachine T-28 and P-51, WHY!!!?

It looks like the Volantex designs, but different TX and some other things, like the color (colour, for you brits) of the control horns, and no mention that I could see of the "snap-off" prop-mount, so it might be a different designer?

Tommy
May 28, 2021, 12:19 PM
crni škanjac
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06
Me like it2!
Sadly it has the same stupid mounting of the aileron servo as Volantex/Eachine T-28 and P-51, WHY!!!?
simpler (read cheaper).....
May 28, 2021, 12:25 PM
The P40 that I know has a conical nose painted red. This looks like a Me-109. Maybe I could take one from a model kit and replace it.
May 28, 2021, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugar
simpler (read cheaper).....
Guess so, but still a bad design!
How much more would it cost to flip the servo around , and put the control horns on the top side of the wing, before they glue the wing in place?

Tommy
May 28, 2021, 01:31 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Not to sound rude, but that is the ugliest, most inaccurate P-40 model I have ever seen. Dunno if I want one because of.

Too many glass panels in the cockpit, and what's with that cowl? The whole engine section looks off.

Even a COX model looks better:
Last edited by AirDOGGe; May 28, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
May 28, 2021, 02:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Not to sound rude, but that is the ugliest, most inaccurate P-40 model I have ever seen. Dunno if I want one because of.

Too many glass panels in the cockpit, and what's with that cowl? The whole engine section looks off.

Even a COX model looks better:
Yes, I noted that...
And basically I was just happy to find a New Youtube on a micro I newer saw before, It said Zero (0) views when I clicked on it!

I was watching another YouTube from that poster On the A160 Cub-looking "Skylark", and right when it was ending, the P-40 showed up, so I thought "Why not post it!"

The rear 3 windows can be painted over, and the cowl might need a little make up...
Still nice?

Oh yeah, and this 2-seater P-40 wich I saw earlier:
See below

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; May 28, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
May 28, 2021, 03:28 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Appreciate you sharing the vid. I can't find out anything about this plane elsewhere as of yet.

Yes, there were 2-seaters, but you can see the canopy is quite different and does not taper back like the 1-seater's turtledeck. The real trainer's canopy is similar to that of a T-6 Texan: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...6736318%29.jpg

I actually gave " Mike Mai" a thumbs-down for posting the Xk P-40 video with zero information and a locked comment section preventing queries. Maybe a beta tester for Xk or the factory that makes their birds?

Quote:
and the cowl might need a little make up...
Make-up on a turd just leaves one with a prettier turd. This one need s a complete grafted-on nose job. The radiator scoop is a mess. Maybe fit the COX nose on the Kx fuselage? (yea...right ).

It appears the front of the cowl (and motor?) may be removable, judging by the 2 screws below the spinner. Just a guess. They really messed it up there in looks. I hope Eachine's next warbird offering does better than Xk's first try.

Admittedly, it does look a bit better from the side, despite the odd, bright choice of colors for the camo:

But the front? Lol!

I may try one after seeing the side view. It may have hope for a mod after all. It all comes down to price now. $65-$75 ....Sold. Over $100 like the new Eachine Cessna? ... Bye'.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; May 28, 2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Kx corrected to Xk
May 28, 2021, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Appreciate you sharing the vid. I can't find out anything about this plane elsewhere as of yet.

Yes, there were 2-seaters, but you can see the canopy is quite different and does not taper back like the 1-seater's turtledeck. The real trainer's canopy is similar to that of a T-6 Texan: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...6736318%29.jpg

I actually gave " Mike Mai" a thumbs-down for posting the Kx P-40 video with zero information and a locked comment section preventing queries. Maybe a beta tester for Kx or the factory that makes their birds?

Make-up on a turd just leaves one with a prettier turd. This one need s a complete grafted-on nose job. Maybe fit the COX nose on the Kx fuselage? (yea...right ).

It appears the front of the cowl (and motor?) may be removable, judging by the 2 screws below the spinner. Just a guess. They really messed it up there in looks. I hope Eachine's next warbird offering does better.
You are right, the looks on this P40 is very strange!

It may be that someone just posted a Youtube of a prototype.

Still I hope that XK may be starting to make some of their own warbirds!

Also I found that Youtube watching a tube on the A160, and wished the P40 was a brushless as well, but sadly, Not...

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; May 28, 2021 at 04:23 PM.
May 28, 2021, 03:56 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Did I mis-read that last line? The A160 IS brushless.

If you meant the new P-40, mine won't stay brushed motor for long if I get one.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
May 28, 2021, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Did I mis-read that last line? The A160 IS brushless.

If you meant the new P-40, mine won't stay brushed motor for long if I get one.
Well, did mean that I wished that the P40 would be brushless too, but I can see what you focused on, will edit.

Tommy
May 29, 2021, 07:12 AM
This baffles me. XK isn't known for scale replicas but come on neither is Eachine but they did a much better job with their micro warbirds.

What's even more confusing is the Flying Tigers are remembered as heroes in China. There's a monument and museum in Hunan dedicated to them. They were volunteer mercenaries who fought to defend China in a very bloody war with the Japanese.

You would think they would be pumping out RC replicas of all sizes of the Warhawk.
May 29, 2021, 08:56 AM
Thread OP

Window panels

BTW, the P-40 single seater actually has that many window panels ( I Just sort of remebered, and followed up with a googeling)...
Its just that there is no seat or large open space behind them, I guess that the are there to give the pilot some view to the rear, either trough a rear-view mirror or by turning his head?

A nice place to watch some different camoflages from different war scenes : https://imodeler.com/2016/09/camoufl...tyhawkwarhawk/

Photos:
Last edited by jimjim06; May 29, 2021 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply