Seagull Models Cessna Grand Caravan EX 85″ Wingspan

Pre-Orders for the container leaving the factory at the end of next month (JUNE) are in full swing at LEGENDHOBBY.com

Splash

LEGEND HOBBY - PRESENTS THE ALL NEW SEAGULL MODELS CESSNA GRAND CARAVAN EX

85″ WINGSPAN- SEA362 AVAILABLE IN BOTH MILITARY CAMO and CIVLILIAN VERSIONS!

Learn more about this awesome all New SEAGULL MODELS 85 CESSNA GRAND CARAVAN SEA362M & SEA362 and pre-order here:

https://www.legendhobby.com/?s=Cessn...t_type=product

TECHNICAL DETAILS

• 30cc-40cc gasoline engine.
  • Wingspan .. 85 inches (2159 mm)
  • Wing area . 775 sq inches (50 dm2)
  • Approximate flying weight . 15.4 lbs (7 kg)
  • Length 59.2 inches (150.3 cm)
  • Recommended engine size . 30cc-40cc
  • ELECTRIC CONVERSION INCLUDED.
  • Radio system required 6+ channels
  • Flying skill level intermediate/advanced.

KEY FEATURES

• High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make light weight construction.
  • Accurate scale outline and appearance.
  • Functional scale cockpit doors with magnetic latches.
  • Functional Cargo Doors.
  • Instrument panel and seat details included.
  • Three-piece, plug-in wings with aluminum tube joiner.
  • Quick connect/disconnect struts simplify field assembly.
  • LED navigation light set included
  • Painted wing struts.
  • Scale color scheme finished with genuine Oracover film covering.
  • Adjustable EP motor box included.
  • Functional flaps for enhanced flight characteristics and realism.
  • Designed for gasoline or glow or electric power.
  • All necessary hardware included.

ITEM CODE: SEA362 Civilian & SEA362M Military Camo

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; May 28, 2021 at 12:37 PM..
May 29, 2021, 07:39 AM
AA6JB
It would be fun to do this one up as a FedeEx feeder, using Callie Graphics for the custom vinyl. These FedEx Cessnas fly over us every day on their way into and out of the local airstrip. I've always thought it would be cool to have a flying model of them.

(photo from Wikipedia Commons)
May 29, 2021, 09:58 PM
The airframe looks OK, but the landing gear is a complete joke!!!! It's 2021, not 1990, you would think they could get the landing gear close. Not on this one though. It's horrendous. End of rant!
May 30, 2021, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj3cub
The airframe looks OK, but the landing gear is a complete joke!!!! It's 2021, not 1990, you would think they could get the landing gear close. Not on this one though. It's horrendous. End of rant!
Although it's great to see a Caravan model I have to agree, at least get the gear stance close. When I worked at Cessna I always enjoyed walking down the Caravan line, sometimes you'd see a FedEx or DHL fuselage from damaged plane being run back through. A fabulously simple and rugged airplane, I really miss seeing them every day.
May 31, 2021, 01:59 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
Never been much of a fan of Legend (formally VQ). They get some things close, then on the same model other things just totally ridiculous.

John
May 31, 2021, 03:09 PM
I can fix that!
Other than the LG, (and it is soo wrong!) I don't see anything else terribly wrong, and since I'm not aware of any other readily available Caravan, this is the one I will be buying.
If I can figure out how to operate my hacksaw, and vise, I might be able to give that LG a dose of reality!
May 31, 2021, 03:15 PM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadt770
Never been much of a fan of Legend (formally VQ). They get some things close, then on the same model other things just totally ridiculous.

John
I wanted to buy one of Seagulls Ercoupes, but it just looks so wrong. The shape of the tails is so far off.
I remember someone had a set of plans that got the shape of the tails wrong in exactly the same way.
I'm guessing their ARF was borrowed from that.
May 31, 2021, 03:40 PM
The wing loading is terrible. Why is this so heavy?
May 31, 2021, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrflyer1967
Couldn't agree more. Some of these ARF companies are going the wrong way as far as weight, looks and scale accuracy goes. Some of these models look like the Arf's from the 1990's.. Just too cartoon looking for me. They could make it correct just as easily as wrong.
May 31, 2021, 09:06 PM
AA6JB
It appears to me that they maybe opted to save a few bucks by just using an already available aluminum landing gear assembly, maybe one from another of their already in production models, instead of designing one that would more closely mimic the real airplane? And then that probably led to the nose strut having to be so non-scale in length ... they had to match it up the main gear.
Jun 01, 2021, 05:16 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrflyer1967
Balsa shortage. The entire airplane is probably made of ply.
Jun 02, 2021, 11:46 AM
Lurking......
Nah, most of the vq/nexa/legend birds are heavier built. The bonanza and barron are on the heavy side as well. People tend to fly them fast any ways. (Yes I know it's a stol plane that goes slow)
Jun 02, 2021, 01:25 PM
This model is by Seagull Models.
Jun 02, 2021, 04:56 PM
Finally a Caravan!!!

It'll just require a new cowl on mine.
Jun 02, 2021, 06:48 PM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRTIC
Finally a Caravan!!!

It'll just require a new cowl on mine.
So that's what you get when you put a prop on the front of a school bus!

Quick Reply