This thread is privately moderated by Risto, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 28, 2021, 04:02 AM
4c 6f 76 65 20 52 2f 43
Thread OP
Build Log

Blog #21: RadioMaster TX16S enhanced roller board

If you followed my blog post about RadioMaster TX16S schematic, you might have read that I found two schematic errors in the original TX16S roller board circuit (Section 2.19 in the blog post).

I fixed both errors with a slightly adjusted circuit:

The changed circuit correctly connects the Alps EC10E encoder and fixes the position of the roller button filter capacitor C1005. Whereas, the original board uses 0402 sized SMD components, for easier manual soldering I changed the pads to significantly bigger 0805. I also added testpoints at the back of the PCB for easier debugging of the encoder and buttons. As a further small change, I connected the shielding pin of the buttons to GND (on original they are floating).

Attached to this post you can find the Eagle CAD files of the schematic diagram & board layout:

Factory board (on the left with black solder mask) next to enhanced board (on the right, with typical OSHpark purple solder mask):

The enhanced board comes with testpads, for hooking up to e.g., a logic analyzer:

Here built into RM TX16S:

EdgeTX supports the fixed roller already from pre-release of 2.4.0. The enhanced roller board requires current OpenTX to be patched. Thanks to Mike Blandford and 3djc, there is an ongoing pull-request for OpenTX to support the fixed roller as well, scheduled to be included from version 2.3.14 onwards.

You can continue reading about custom enhanced RadioMaster TX16S mainboard in my blog post #22 or return to the index of my blog posts.

Appendix
References
Attachments
Last edited by Risto; Jun 29, 2021 at 05:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply