E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m

The E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m is the most convenient, capable, and durable version of the popular STOL-capable model yet.

Splash

Evolution Of A Legend

The E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m is the most convenient, capable, and durable version of the popular STOL-capable model yet. Upgrades including a top-mounted hatch, stronger gear mounts, Smart electronics and more make it better than ever!

The E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m has been evolved into the Smartest, most convenient, capable, and durable Timber yet! Popular features from the original Timber are all there: the shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized, tundra-style wheels; optional-use float set and leading edge slats; functional slotted flaps; and an LED lighting system with landing, navigation and strobe lights. So are the enhancements that gave the Turbo Timber® more performance and capabilities, including a turboprop-styled nose, 3-blade prop and spinner, a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, and a stiffer wing with durable, reliable metal-geared servos.

Now the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m adds a new top hatch for faster, easier battery changes, plus combined connectors for simpler wing installation and removal. Strengthened landing gear mounts improve the model's durability and STOL capability when flying from rough terrain. The proven Turbo Timber power system is upgraded with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data including battery voltage, current, motor RPM and more — plus motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies.

There's even a fresh, modern trim scheme for the durable, composite-reinforced airframe! The Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m remains the best "next step", everyday sport and STOL-capable model for a wide range of pilots — only it's now better than ever!

Check out the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m Here

Follow the Main Discussion Thread Here

Key Features:

• The best “next step”, everyday sport and STOL capable model for a wide range of pilots
  • More convenient top hatch with larger battery compartment to fit 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
  • Stronger, reinforced mounts plus shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized wheels/tires
  • Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection

May 27, 2021, 09:39 AM
Back Roads Outlaws
How about Horizon gets us an NX18 transmitter, and get some Spektrum receivers back in stock before they worry about another retread of the same old thing?
May 27, 2021, 12:45 PM
I will say the addition of the ar637ta with built in telemetry is nice. I’ve been installing ar637t’s into most of my fms and Freewing 1.4m+ planes and the altimeter, battery voltage, variometer (for sailplanes), as3x and safe are nice upgrades.

I haven’t messed with a factory equipped ar637ta, but I’d say it’s worth it if it has the same capabilities as the ar637t. Small quality of life improvement.
May 27, 2021, 03:31 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
The flaps and ailerons look smaller. Are they truly smaller?

Thanks
Tom
May 27, 2021, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan
The flaps and ailerons look smaller. Are they truly smaller?

Thanks
Tom
Chord on both look to be a lot larger.
This one should have a better roll rate than the Turbo Timber.
May 27, 2021, 05:28 PM
Horizon Hobby
No changes to the size of the ailerons and flaps, however the wing is a little stiffer in torsion. That helps with control response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Chord on both look to be a lot larger.
This one should have a better roll rate than the Turbo Timber.
May 27, 2021, 06:58 PM

Timber

The ad came out and shows the BNF for $259.99 but when you put it in the cart with the coupon, it is still $299.99.
May 27, 2021, 09:53 PM
Love the color scheme and the top loading battery is nice. Another plus IMHO is the 637 receiver, have one in a glow powered Kaos and it has been rock solid. I just don't need another BNF plane but this one is going to be hard to resist.

Steve J.
May 29, 2021, 03:22 PM
Hi guys,

I would love to hear how the Timber Evolution compares to the Draco. Specifically, is it more capable aerobatics wise? I don’t want to add a Timber Evolution to the fleet if it flys pretty much like the Draco I already have.
May 30, 2021, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Greening
No changes to the size of the ailerons and flaps, however the wing is a little stiffer in torsion. That helps with control response.
What are the improvements in the landing gear? I eventually trashed my Timber because of the weak mounting system at the fuselage. Could only fix it so many times.
May 30, 2021, 07:32 PM
Nice to see that they put the battery hatch on top. The bottom access on the TT wasn't well thought out, IMO. Other than the relocated hatch, I don't see much change since I don't fly Sketrum gear.
Jun 01, 2021, 12:07 AM
Looks great -- but only if offered as a Kit or ARF. E-flite is loosing a segment of the hobby because they have preferences other than Spektrum gear.
Jun 01, 2021, 04:21 PM
tiger moth fiend
Be really neat if they started to make some unique aircraft, instead of re-hashing the same old stuff.
Jun 01, 2021, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes
Be really neat if they started to make some unique aircraft, instead of re-hashing the same old stuff.
Define "unique". Go to the HorizonHobby and select discontinued planes and you will see many planes, most of them unique that are no longer offered.

Probably about the time the first Timber came out, maybe a little before, I busted pretty heavy on HH here at RCG for bringing out a plane and then letting it die, even the popular planes. I equally busted on them for not having a marketing manager or anyone with enough foresight to keep a popular plane and then build on that airframe with modifications and functions thus producing different versions. They must have taken me seriously because that is exactly what they did. Well, except terminate the marketing/product manager for lacking foresight, I don't think they did that. Regardless they took a good move by building on these popular planes.

As for unique planes, I would love to see some low wing planes from the '30s and '40s; now, I know they would not sell many at all but still, I would love to see HH do a "Dawn of Flight" series.
Jun 01, 2021, 05:22 PM
Horizon puts out a lot of new releases every year. I love the fact that they also take popular, good selling aircraft and update and improve them. The Conscendo Evolution is a good example, and now the Turbo Timber Evolution as well.

The improvements to the Turbo Timber Evolution are significant and welcome. I hope they do the same with the Valiant 1.2. I would love to see a top hatch, 3S and 4S capability, and updated foam.

Quick Reply