Jul 05, 2005, 05:51 PM
Thread OP

Where do you keep your LiPos ?

Has anyone found a reasonably priced safe type of box to keep LiPos in ?

What about a portable firesafe ?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2005, 05:56 PM
Permanently Banned
I store discharged LIPO packs in small steel parts bin drawer in a cool room.

Found the bin at a surplus outlet years ago, FREE, because they needed the room in the store for a larger bin

They almost had to pay me to take it away
Jul 05, 2005, 06:51 PM
I keep em in an unused fireplace in the living room. Great conversation piece at parties LOL!

Kurt
Jul 05, 2005, 06:55 PM
Clinger, MAGA
Keep them in my little plastic tote field box just like any other battery pack in my cool basement..... Storage isn't the problem ... Some other storage locations of batteries around the house ... cell phones, clocks, flashlights ....

Charging is an other matter, so I charge in a small Sentry fire safe in my home basement....
Last edited by rclark; Jul 07, 2005 at 09:10 AM.
Jul 05, 2005, 07:19 PM
RC Geek
I store mine in a Sentry Fire Safe, its not the waterproof one, and has a bit of give to it. I know there is some concern that if they were to flame while in the box, rapid pressure build up, etc. That said I feel that the play in the box would be enough to allow gas to escape should anything occur while they are at rest.

I put them in a pyrex dish for charging, and put that inside of a BBQ grill and charge them outside.

-Scott
Jul 05, 2005, 08:22 PM
Unreconstructed
Ammo boxes (840 rounds of 5.56). There are many sizes to fit. I line mine with a cushioning material such as closed cell foam. The boxes are stored away from flammables. I charge on an oak bench away from other flammables and I check frequently especially toward the end of charge. David
Jul 05, 2005, 11:31 PM
under my bed
Jul 05, 2005, 11:39 PM
foamie re-cycler
in my fieldbox with my ni-cads and nimhs;charge em in a coffee can....sometimes....when i remember to...i never charge my li-pos at more than 90% rated capacity(1C)..have yet to have a problem...have cycled each at least a couple hundred times
Jul 05, 2005, 11:42 PM
luc
luc
I plant balsa sticks too
here
Jul 05, 2005, 11:44 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
luc, do you have any problems with moisture by keeping the LiPos in the frig?

Brian
Jul 05, 2005, 11:57 PM
luc
luc
I plant balsa sticks too
nope.
I use sealed plastic bags to wrap the lipo packs (the ones for deep freeze). All the moisture stays on the outside of the box, surprisingly, not even on the plastic bags which stay dry...
Keeping lipos in a fridge is very helpful to avoid deterioration by increased IR. I find it more important than keeping packs @ 50% charge. All my packs are 100% full and ready for use.
Jul 06, 2005, 01:21 AM
I only have two but leave them laying around wherever.
Jul 06, 2005, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mildewing
but leave them laying around wherever.
Me too, but I keep finding them in strange places as I have quite a few now
Jul 06, 2005, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillhite
luc, do you have any problems with moisture by keeping the LiPos in the frig?

Brian

Forget the moisture. What about problems from the Mrs

Nato ammo box for me. £4 from local army surplus store
Jul 06, 2005, 08:42 PM
In my basement using a spare cinder block covered with a 45 lb york barbell plate... Not very portable though....

Quick Reply