What the Heck Wednesday - Compilation

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a short compilation video showing a whole lotta whoops going on.

Splash

A Whole Lot of Whoops in this Video

This week on What the Heck Wednesday we have a short compilation video showing a whole lotta whoops going on. There's a lot to dissect here with pilot error, bad luck and some pretty epic catastrophic mid flight failures. Give the video a watch and then comment in this thread to tell us what your favorite crash was from the footage. Also note anything you see that could have been done to prevent the carnage.

If you have a video of a weird or entertaining crash and would like to be featured on What the Heck Wednesday, please send me a PM with your submission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnBHJ_GkEA

Last edited by Jason Cole; May 19, 2021 at 05:57 AM..
May 19, 2021, 04:42 PM
Pro Hoarder
That is a lot of money in the bin
Latest blog entry: In flight
May 19, 2021, 04:49 PM
Just Wow! We've all been there.
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.
May 19, 2021, 05:36 PM
MK
MK
All planes have expiration dates. You just don't know when it is.
May 19, 2021, 10:25 PM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Proof positive that the combination of kenetic energy and the ground does not produce a positive result.

- Roger
May 20, 2021, 05:59 AM
Retired USAF
A lot of gravity there!
May 20, 2021, 04:02 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
I feel for these guy's as we all know the amount of time and money that goes into these....but admit it, it's fun to watch (as long as it's the other guy)!

John
May 20, 2021, 08:47 PM
That thing almost hit me
A bunch of that is not going to rub out.
May 25, 2021, 06:25 AM
I am not that good of pilot, about middle of the crowd, never had a model dive to the ground as seen in the videos. What would cause that? I often watch crash videos, so I will not do the same thing. Some I understand are stalls, the Corsair I have done but a little different. I had let my throttle get sloppy, while do a pass with flaps, gear down just messing around, applied too much throttle, it snapped before I could even think.

Ken
May 25, 2021, 08:02 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Mostly likely some sort of mechanical or electronic failure.
May 26, 2021, 12:45 AM
jofro
Perfect Wednesday morning for me with couple 90mm EDF jets, but different story after lunch when taking off the beach sand with the 70mm "Alfa" jet and just as I was rotating towards the surf, the fan impeller exploaded!!!
If it happened few seconds later the model would be gone in the Pacific Ocean, LOL.
Jun 04, 2021, 06:33 PM
Modeling Retread
Too bad it’s been removed from YouTube

Quick Reply