May 18, 2021, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Brand new Mob6 only getting 2:20 sec. of flight time

Hey folks,
I have a new Mobular 6 tiny whoop that a bought around 3 weeks ago and since then i have only been able to get around 2:20 sec. of flight time then the motors die. The new GNB 300mah pack always show around 61% to 62% of battery still left. I tried a new RDQ 380mah pack and the same thing happens, the whoop dies at 62% of battery level.
I watched a JB video on JESC Configurator so i flashed the jesc to 48khz but the flashing had no impact on the flight times.
I really need some help since i am new and i know next to nothing about this issue?
Thanks alot!
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2021, 05:01 PM
thats about right on 25k motors and flying around. What voltage are you landing at and what do the batteries recover to a few minutes later?
May 18, 2021, 07:09 PM
You could try going to 96khz - that's what the Moblite 6 and 7 uses.

Also, what are you using to measure battery level? If you are using a cheap cellchecker to check battery level, they can sometimes be quite wrong (at least, all mine are) - I have 2 or 3 of them and they have a 15-20% error in them when measuring a used battery.
May 20, 2021, 08:54 PM
Thread OP
Boostin,
I just bought a pair of Cobra s goggles and i am just now learning how to use the osd so i am not sure what the voltage is when i land so i use the timer i set up in my qx7 to tell me when to land.
What do the battery's recover to? I don't know what this means or how to answer this question for you so if you can elaborate i can learn what your getting at.
May 20, 2021, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
Benz11,
Yes i am using a $10.00 Capacity Cell checker to tell me how much battery level i have after charging and after flying.I''ve used this checker for about a yr. now and i thought it to be working fine but now that these whoop packs have come into play i am having doubts about the checker.
May 20, 2021, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Boostin,
To add to my last reply alot of times i fly LOS so i use my timer in the qx7 to tell me at which point to land so i don't overuse my packs and destroy them over time.
May 20, 2021, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Boostin and Benz11,
I reflashed my esc 1 thru 4 with the JESC Config earlier today and now i am getting around 3:40 sec. and i pushed the m6 pretty hard and these are the numbers i got today but the battery level is still at the 63% to 65% range. I got ahold of Happymodel last night and after about 40 mins of trouble shooting and sending them BF Power/Battery data they said there's a tiny chip in the m6 that has gone bad probably because of a bad crash which i have had and they offered to fix the m6 but not replace it and they also said its just fine to keep flying the m6 with the bad chip. I didn't want to pay $20.00 shipping charges and a 1 month turn around So i'm happy with the extra 1 minute + flight time and i'll continue flying it they way it is.I'm stil curious about the questions you both have so if you would please reply so i can learn from you.
May 20, 2021, 09:46 PM
The battery percentage doesn't do a whole lot for us as most in this hobby reference cell voltage.

So, I fly my mob 6 down to 3.2-3.3v. Then land. After a few minutes the battery will recover to 3.5-3.8v. Battery sag on these whoops is a real thing. That's why we can fly down to a lower indicated voltage and then the batteries recover to a safe level.

Is your current sensor bad? Is that what you mean by "bad chip"?
May 21, 2021, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Yes there's a sensor that is defective but Happymodel didn't tell me the name of this chip.
So that i know what to look for where does the cell voltage begin in the OSD?
I have on the left side of the osd display 4.00V and as i was browsing it came down to 3.9v,is this what i should be watching as i fly my m6?
May 21, 2021, 03:21 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
I tried the 25,000 kvs on a 65 and a 75 Whoop and even with the JESC upgrade could barely get 3 minutes on the 75, completely useless on the 65. I ended up putting them on a spare Primo Pick frame and finally got to over 4 minute flights or I would have thrown them out. That still doesn't get much air time.

I do abuse the dog snot outta my 1S batts, and consider them just another expendable cost of playing with these things. I run them down to 3.1 - 3.0, and even till they drop, and I seem to get the same lifespans as people who baby their batts. They bounce back to about 3.7 by the time I'm ready to put them on the charger. My M6 with the 19,000kvs with the JESC will get just over 4 minute flights on GnB 350 HVs which is barely tolerable. My other brushless 65 with the same motors and an iFlight 1S board does a little better, and with the JESC will get pushing 4 minutes on those batts.
May 22, 2021, 12:37 AM
Thread OP
So today i ran a 1s 650 battery for the first time and i got 5:15 but the pack made my 25k motors louder, way louder but it handled well considering the extra weight.
May 22, 2021, 02:36 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Air time is my #1 for all my quads. I'm more than willing to give up some handling and speed to stay in the air longer with a bigger battery. The only quads I have where I can see a very noticeable difference in how the quads fly with a bigger battery are my 65 Whoops. Those tiny 31mm props can only put out so much lift, and the Whoops are very sensitive to even a slight change in weight. I also strictly use 4 blade props on my 65s and 75s, and can notice a loss in power and punch, and definitely air time just switching to tri-blades. It's a lot more noticeable on the little 65s, but can even lose a good 30 seconds on the 75s on 1S.

I can get my 5 minute flights on my M6 with my Crazypony 550 HVs, and they are the lightest larger size Whoop batts I've seen at only 11.8 grams. That's lighter than the 450 GnBs. The little Whoop just feels heavy flying with it, if that makes sense. Like a hardball vs a plastic wiffle ball . . . It flies OK, but takes more effort into turns, and takes more throttle to do anything. The extra 200mAh over the 350s I usually use on all my 65s only gives me about another 30 seconds or so, and even with my modest flying skills, I don't think it's worth the difference in air time vs how it flies with the heavier batt.
May 22, 2021, 03:16 PM
On 1s batteries I set warning voltage at 3.2 or 3.3 and minimum at 3 or 3.1. My understanding is that 1s batteries don't have enough current to damage the battery at lower voltages. Might get another 30 seconds

Quick Reply