Jul 04, 2005, 08:01 PM
Gallery

Darthdark Shogun Hind build

Had a chance to work on the retracts again this weekend ,, here are a few pix.I have to do the front retract yet ,,but the back ones were the hard ones.
enjoy
Larry

to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2005, 08:57 PM
Got the front retract done ..... and yes I know that the full scale has two wheels on the front ,,but I want to save weight until I know how it handles the extra weight,,then we can do two wheels,,, I also need to find smaller ones for the front.All I can find around here are 1/2 " ones.. need some 3/8 or so .

Jul 07, 2005, 03:08 PM
DRAGONHERP
Cool
Jul 08, 2005, 10:31 AM
Raśl (Roy) Mayoral
Hey Larry,
I did not realize you were also into scale micros.
That is very, very cool.
But knowing of your V-22 projects, I should not be surprised of this beautiful work.

take care.
Jul 08, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks Roy,,, and yes ,,if it is unusal and R/C you bet I'll be into it.

I have put some more trim on the landing gear to dress them up ,,and now I am starting on the upswept tail conversion.Things are going to slow down here shortly as the parts are starting to trickle in for the Bergen turbine and then it will be back to work on it.
It is a nice break though to work on cheaper priced scale stuff and still have fun with it in your back yard.Trying to find an airbrush guy that will put the centenial eagle paint job on it ,,but so far I have not found any one that will try it.
Jul 14, 2005, 09:35 PM
More pix with plastic tube on struts to scale them out a bit.

Jul 15, 2005, 09:26 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Wow thats looking great!, nice UC, whats that black stuff you've used? Is it heavy? And have you any idea on what cells your gonna run in it or how your gonna get to them to swap for charging etc.
I'm just sitting on the fence at the moment, I think my Zooms gonna get this body over the winter period, I just love the Hind, yours looks like its gonna be a cracker already.

Ian
Jul 15, 2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks Ian
The black stuff is a carbon fiber plate material,,so yes it is light.Would have liked to use some smaller stuff ,,but this was laying around from another project and you know the rest.
I plan on running 4s 1600 mah and I am hoping to swap the batteries thru the pilot's door on the right back side.. I plan on making it bigger than scale to do this though.It also falls right over the front landing gear so it may take some fine tuning and a tender touch to get it in and out. If not I will just make the whole front canopy come off and on with some small magnets .Not sure of the balance point now though ,,, As it is getting an upswept tail added to the system,,so I am sure the battery will have to be way up front.

It is a nice fuse to work with ,, darthdark does a good job with these.If you get one you will not be sorry.He also keeps the price in line too.
Jul 15, 2005, 10:26 AM
How high does it go?..duh
CF plate...excellent stuff ! Keep up the good work, I cant wait to see a finished one, Boyd seems to have gone quiet on his.

Bergen turbine....sounds expensive
Jul 15, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah ,,Boyd has a lot on his plate too... sure he will just pop up some day with it finished like he always does.I wanted to do a day by day as I have never done that before and this bird deserves it.
The turbine is expensive ,,but I have saved and saved and sold off stuff for yrs now . It is one of those things that I have wanted to do for yrs and may not have to many more yrs available that I will feel able to do a turbine in ,,so bit the bullet and do it now while the chance is here.
Last edited by v22chap; Jul 15, 2005 at 03:05 PM.
Jul 17, 2005, 07:19 AM
Master of the Skies
That is ridiculously beautiful. NICE.
Jul 17, 2005, 07:21 AM
Master of the Skies
BTW I airbrush and would gladly do it for free, but you would have to pay for it to ship to me then back to you of course. I can make it pretty damn scale though.
Jul 17, 2005, 12:52 PM
Eibo,,,, thanks ,,and thanks for offering to airbrush it ,,but I have found a local guy that is going to try it... not for free ,,but I would have had to pay you something as I would not expect a friend let alone a stranger do it for free as it will be a lot of work... as this is the centenial eagle paint job I want done.

Jul 17, 2005, 03:16 PM
Its all fun
Unbelievable!
Jul 17, 2005, 07:23 PM
Master of the Skies
WOW, thats gonna be nice. Tell your buddy to lose lots of enamel....LOL