May 15, 2021, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
New Product

roninUAV - sub-250g FPV Frames :: Official Thread

We officially launched roninUAV focusing on sub-250g FPV frame designs including freestyle, racing, and endurance ...

https://roninuav.com/

Our inaugural frame is the Ronin MK1 ...

Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Remix) [roninUAV Ronin Mk1 179] Sub-250g FPV Freestyle (4 min 13 sec)

First 100 kits come with our Limited Edition "Primus Intus" patch ...

Use coupon code "firstin" for 5% through our grand opening weekend!!

Sub this thread for news on upcoming drops and promos!!
Last edited by the.ronin.; May 16, 2021 at 12:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2021, 09:33 PM
AA6JB
Working on my MK1 build now

May 24, 2021, 08:43 PM
Thread OP
Lookin good Bajora!!!
May 26, 2021, 03:59 PM
Very nice!
May 26, 2021, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
Thank you man!!

We've got our endurance (Shinobi Mk1), race (Samurai Mk1), cine (Ashigaru Mk1), and long-range (Daimyo Mk1) all in development as we type so stay tuned!!
May 29, 2021, 05:03 PM
Thread OP
Sneak peak of our endurance class ...

Chimes [roninUAV Shinobi Mk1 177] Sub-250g FPV Micro Long Range (2 min 56 sec)
Jun 17, 2021, 02:08 AM
A fan of Mk1.

RoninUAV MK1 - Sub 250g HD Micro Long Range- Freestyle (2 min 22 sec)
Jun 17, 2021, 07:47 AM
AA6JB
Nice job! Any details you can provide as to how you mounted the Air Unit? I am (very slowly ) working on a similar build. THANKS
Jun 17, 2021, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Such sick flying Jasper!!! Thanks for sharing man!!

Bajora dude what the heck you are literally the first person to get this frame LOLLL I love ya man.
Jun 17, 2021, 06:00 PM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin.

Bajora dude what the heck you are literally the first person to get this frame LOLLL I love ya man.
Yeah I know. I am so not worthy! I am a bit of a noob to this round of FPV and the MK1 is my first complete build. I got too many irons in the fore at one time.
Jun 17, 2021, 10:44 PM
Thread OP
Wait ... so this is your cherry popping build?? Dude that honor is all mine man!! Hopefully the build log was helpful (QR scan on the included manual). Of course you can always hit up the "other" forum or better yet get with me directly if you ever have any questions.

[edit] Just remembered your contest kit did not include the "Pilot Handbook" ... just check back on the product page, scroll to the bottom and there will be links to build log, tuning guide, and downloadable STL files.
Jun 18, 2021, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Nice job! Any details you can provide as to how you mounted the Air Unit? I am (very slowly ) working on a similar build. THANKS

It's straight forward by mounting the Caddx Air unit at the rear 2020mm mounting holes of the frame but you will need to secure the antenna, preferably with a TPU mount secured to the standoffs.

I just reused the blue antenna TPU mount from another quad and attached it on top of the quad and half tied down with a zip tie ..... ghetto style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin.
Cheers. More people need to try your frame.
Jun 18, 2021, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
Meaning, "one who endures" ... behold the Shinobi Mk1

Mortals [roninUAV Shinobi Mk1 177] Sub-250g FPV Micro Long Range (1 min 0 sec)
Jun 30, 2021, 07:32 PM
AA6JB
Hey ya’ Rob! Brace yourself my friend.... my MK1 took to the air today!

I had to revise my build a bit, as getting a full Air Unit in there was gonna be a little tough for this noob FPV quad builder. So, I fell back to a Caddx Vista. Unfortunately, the only version I could find was the one with the Nebula Nano. Wow.... in my opinion, it’s even worse than I expected (after watching a good number of reviewers videos). But I figure I’ll eventually find and snag a Nebula Pro or other (read as better) camera to retrofit in.

With a 75C 4S Tattu 850mSh pack, mine came in at exactly 250g RTF! I guess technically I need to lose a gram to keep it off the Feds radar.

I took it down to the neighborhood park and put my first three flights on it. Winds were 10-13 MPH and quite gusty but she flew great. I like the balance of power and duration that it looks like my setup will be providing me. An easy six or seven minutes if I just cruise around, with a few mild aerobatics and punch outs thrown in. I’m no amazing freestyler or anything but I love the way the MK1 flies. I have a bunch of studio and outdoors static photos to process and post, which I will mostly do over at that other (FPV) based forum. I’ll see what I can do for a short video too, though the combination of my noob flying skills and a Nebula Nano camera does not set the stage for anything too exciting to watch. LOL
Jun 30, 2021, 11:01 PM
AA6JB
[

Quick Reply