May 14, 2021, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Is anyone still building 3D aerobatic quads?

Hey folks! I was at a heli fun fly last weekend and someone was flying a really impressive quad with reversing props. I had one of the Blade things way back when that had the "3D firmware" and it was nothing like what he was flying! I didn't get a chance to have an in-depth conversation with him, so I don't know the details of what it was. All I know is it seemed to be a 5", and it was freaking impressive! Like, rolling circles, rainbows... it was awesome.

I've done some searching around, but it seems like that was a fad that died. I'd love to build something like that, but can't find much recent info. Is it still a thing?

Chris
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2021, 02:25 PM
Llama
3d miniquads are not dead.

Its just like 5 people left sticking with it.

Zoe
Liberimo
And recently minchin

There's a few others also.

Here is likely one of the most recent guide videos on the setup process.

Converting a Freestyle Drone to 3D! (with Zoe FPV & Cricket FPV) (22 min 53 sec)
May 18, 2021, 02:45 PM
Thread OP
Excellent! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. FPV is fun, but I'm a 40+ year LOS guy and would love to build a 3D quad to abuse in the yard.

Chris

Quick Reply