Lou Andrews Aeromaster - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yippee!

Lou Andrews Aeromaster

I am looking for a Lou Andrews or GP Aeromaster Kit. Are there any still out there?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2005, 08:24 AM
You'll see them on eBay and RCU MarketPlace from time to time; but be prepared to pay $150 or more.

I scored one (GP Super AeroMaster) on eBay last year for $163, and was happy to pay it; they've gone for as high as $200+. Dunno what it is about vintage bipe kits, but they bring premium prices. I took a bath on a Sig SkyBolt not long after buying the Aeromaster; but, what the heck. I wanted it, and they aren't exactly common.

I'll tell you one thing, though. If you are not familiar with some of these older kits, get ready for a treat. I started my AeroMaster a few weeks ago. You have to BUILD these puppies. No interlocking lite ply parts, no self-aligning anything. Its good, old-fashioned kit building.

I suggest you hold out for the GP Super AeroMaster. It is an improved version of the original AAMCO kit, and GP did an excellent job with it. Plenty of GOOD hardware, all the pre-bent wire pieces for the cabanes and gear(AND the wire to wrap/solder them with), all the necessary small nylon bolts (instead of rubber bands) to hold it all together, excellent plans and instructions. And, LOTS of wood...
Jul 03, 2007, 02:57 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt40 Flier
I am looking for a Lou Andrews or GP Aeromaster Kit. Are there any still out there?
If you are still looking for a GP Aeromaster kit, I have one. $185 shipped to the lower 48 only.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:54 AM
I have one that the fuse was built, wings not started. This is an ndrews kit. Would like 150 or b/o + shipping. In Michigan.
Sep 08, 2017, 07:57 AM
I just want to go fly!
Good luck. It's a great classic bipe. I wanted one but also wanted something bigger. Went with sigs hog bipe and tweaking to make it look more like a aero master as far as sporty looks.
Sep 08, 2017, 11:41 AM
Sig has the alien aircraft arrowmaster kit in production which isn't quite the same as an old aeromaster but it's close. You could also scratch one from plans.

carl
Nov 08, 2017, 10:03 AM

Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt40 Flier
Have you found yourself a kit yet? I picked up an Amco AM last year at a rc swap meet and have had it out to look it over many times since I brought it home, I have always wanted one. I also have a Super Aero Master with four ailerons and a Saito 91 for power, ready for its first flight. I remember when the AM kit was first introduced, when I saw one at the field it seemed so big. Hope you find one soon.
Last edited by wingtips; Nov 08, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
Nov 08, 2017, 10:11 AM

Aero Master Kit on eBay

[QUOTE=lt40 Flier;3977520]I am looking for a Lou Andrews or GP Aeromaster Kit. Are there any still out there?[/QUOT
I just saw this
There is an Amco Aero Master kit on ebay right now, the auction ends Sunday 11/12/17
Last edited by wingtips; Nov 08, 2017 at 10:21 AM. Reason: change
Nov 08, 2017, 12:56 PM
You all did read this thread is over 12yrs old right?

It goes to show how timeless the Aeromaster family of planes is.
Nov 08, 2017, 06:59 PM

whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrant
You all did read this thread is over 12yrs old right?

It goes to show how timeless the Aeromaster family of planes is.
I did not look at the date of op before I responded. Whoops, my bad. Yep the Aeromaster inspires a lot of enthusiasm, in all its variations, there is just something about them. Oh well.
Nov 08, 2017, 09:27 PM
I, for one, am very glad to have had this 'plane brought to my attention. Here in Europe we have a quite different 'history' of classic kits, and this thread is the first I've heard of the AeroMaster. Maybe too late now, but I'll certainly be looking hard at the plans, and keeping an eye out for any kit that may come up. The killer for us here is the postage costs from the States (when non-US sales are even accepted..!), more so than the cost of the kits themselves I've seen recently on offer. Maybe one day...
Nov 08, 2017, 10:32 PM
Here's a thread a gentleman just started on a build of the original.. I actually posted plans to the thread, and have been following... It's only been a few days.. but again it shows how timeless this plane is.... enjoy... follow his build.. . check out the plans...

wingtips... nothing bad here man.. just an FYI.. all good keep studying!!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r#post38600512
Nov 08, 2017, 10:59 PM
Formerly ReelDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353
I, for one, am very glad to have had this 'plane brought to my attention. Here in Europe we have a quite different 'history' of classic kits, and this thread is the first I've heard of the AeroMaster. Maybe too late now, but I'll certainly be looking hard at the plans, and keeping an eye out for any kit that may come up. The killer for us here is the postage costs from the States (when non-US sales are even accepted..!), more so than the cost of the kits themselves I've seen recently on offer. Maybe one day...
Dad3353,
I absolutely concur with everyone else - the Aeromaster is an excellent, great flying biplane. Here's a source for the plans.

The plans for the Aeromaster - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1971
The plans for Aeromaster Too wings - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1972

Enjoy,
Jim
Nov 09, 2017, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Johns
...Here's a source for the plans...
Cheers, Jim; duly downloaded, magnifying glass out, notebook at the ready...
Nov 11, 2017, 09:36 PM
I still have an original Lou Andrews Aeromaster Too kit down in my shop. It came from a modeler who passed away years ago. I have had several Aeromasters in my RC career and I really like the original 48" swept to straight bottom as the kit was originally flown by Ernie Huber. What a great bike. I think the original Andrews kit was far superior to the GP rendition that came later.