What Would You Do with RC Technik Stick Switches?

I saw these RC Technik Switches recently and I thought man that's a cool idea.

Splash

Switches On Your Sticks!

I saw these RC Technik Switches recently and I thought man, that's a cool idea. At least is sounds cool, but I'm not really sure if I'd use it or what I'd used it for yet. I like the idea, but I'm not sure if it's actually functional or ergonomic enough for me. Here's some details from RC Technik about the stick switches:

The sticks have a button in the handle at the front (only button, without latching function, kick button). The button can be easily operated by pressing with the index finger. Don't worry, the pressure point can be clearly felt, so that accidental pressure is recognized. Switches and buttons are manufactured industrially. The entire stick is permanently glued and cannot be opened.

Particularly suitable for the following handheld transmitters:

• Jeti
  • Powerbox Core
  • Graupner MX-12, MX-16, MX-20, MZ-12, MZ-18, MZ-24 Hott, MZ-32
  • Spektrum NX6, NX8, NX10, IX20, DX9, DX8, DX7, DX6, DX5
  • Futaba T8, T10, T12, T14, T18, T32
  • Multiplex Cockpit SX, Royal SX, Royal Evo and Royal Pro.
  • FrSky Taranis X9, X9D, X10, X10S, X12S
  • Radiomaster TX 16S
  • Mikado VBar

Link to RC Technik Stick Switches

Has anyone tried these yet? What do you use it for? Are they intuitive to use? I'd love to hear what you guys think. Let me know in the comments.

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jun 15, 2021 at 12:02 PM..
May 11, 2021, 09:05 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
RC Technik use to sell this stick. it's a switch and a pot.

Name: C444C257-0D9B-465E-B2AB-B8C5405EA90F_1_105_c.jpg
Views: 113
Size: 279.8 KB
Description:

P.S. I just noticed that RC Technik still shows the sticks in the pic at the top of the page even though they are no longer for sale. \_(ツ)_/
Last edited by davidbitton; May 11, 2021 at 09:32 AM.
May 11, 2021, 04:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
JR radio used to sell single stick radios that had hollow shafts where the wires for the knob (potentiometer)at the top of the stick ran through. It made the stick somewhat fragile as it could break if the transmitter got knocked over on its face. I’m sorry, but I have to wonder about these sticks also. One thing though, I think they were made of aluminum. Anybody know what these sticks are made of? And sorry, not meaning to sound negative.

I can see where the three position switches might be nice for flight modes.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; May 11, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
May 11, 2021, 04:33 PM
My MPX Royal Pro came with optional sticks with built in switches. I haven't used them, but have seen other users with Jeti and MPX radios with stick end switches, most useful for functions like tow release, telemetry announcements or flight mode selection.
May 11, 2021, 05:00 PM
not reallly useful por 'thumbs' fliers.
May 11, 2021, 05:29 PM
killickb
Steve, still have three, single stick Tx although none updated to 2.4. These sticks are a little different but I could see myself inadvertently squeezing that button at the wrong time, no matter how tactile, so of no use for me; anyway I have too many switches to fumble for as it is !
May 11, 2021, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
not reallly useful por 'thumbs' fliers.
They do have one stick with a button on the front of the stick, (the black one they show in pictures at the top) that would work for some things. And it does have the knurling on top for your thumbs.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 12, 2021, 04:02 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
If you're flying thumbs, you may as well just push a shoulder button with your free finger.
May 14, 2021, 08:48 PM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
With today's transmitters if you need a switch like that, then i suggest you get a new one that has easier switch access.
May 14, 2021, 09:01 PM
i would like buttons on the back of the tx. that's where all my extra fingers are
May 14, 2021, 09:21 PM
How many extra fingers do you have??? My son had two extra fingers and two extra toes when he was born. (not kidding) This is called polydactyly and is common in some European countries.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 15, 2021, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
i would like buttons on the back of the tx. that's where all my extra fingers are
If you fly with thumbs on top of the stick, but if you are a pinch flier then the button will be right under your finger.

But yes I have installed a couple of buttons on the side of my MPX Profi as I really liked the side buttons on the MPX Royal Evo/Pro/Sx, I am surprised more manufacturers don't either include buttons here or at least make provision for them.
May 15, 2021, 06:22 AM
Beach Bum
Stick switch serves one purpose, missile launch!
May 15, 2021, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS
If you fly with thumbs on top of the stick, but if you are a pinch flier then the button will be right under your finger.

But yes I have installed a couple of buttons on the side of my MPX Profi as I really liked the side buttons on the MPX Royal Evo/Pro/Sx, I am surprised more manufacturers don't either include buttons here or at least make provision for them.
agreed. i'm a newbie semi pinch flier, brain can't decide. i could probably use the stick button easier than fumbling around for a flaps, rates or stabilization switch.
maybe i just need more practice, but i find them awkward and in the way of each other, and the panic button is impossible to find.
May 18, 2021, 01:53 AM
rt-rc.com
Hey.. Thanks for linking in my video

I love my stick switches. Use them mostly for audio alerts.. But also things like reverse throttle and crow

Quick Reply