This thread is privately moderated by Nickerz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2021, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bought A HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400)...

This afternoon, I bought the HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400) from an RCGroups.com member. Total paid was...

$175.00 (Plane ARF Kit, Engine & Radio!)
$23.99 (Shipping)
$N/A (Tax)
$198.99 (Grand Total)

This plane is NIB even though it's been discontinued for years! I already have the latest BNF version (red/white color w/SAFE Part #: HBZ8180B) but this plane that I just bought is the blue/white version which is DSM so it binds to any Spektrum radio. But the main reason I got this version is b/c the receiver includes the X-port which can be used with the different HobbyZone modules (i.e., Aerial Drop Module, Sonic Combat Module, Night Flight Module) and I have all of these accessories! In fact, years ago I jerry-rigged an Aerial Drop Module to my original Parkzone T-28 here...

I tried finding one this DSM Cub online and saw one recently on eBay but it was used and the guy said it needed a new battery and wasn't sure if anything else was wrong, plus he was asking $99+$148 for shipping so after taxes, it would be around $250 and no guarantee everything works.

So get this...I manage to track this plane down at a hobby shop who says he thinks he has one still NIB but it's in his warehouse. I call weeks later, nothing, the guy didn't even check so I gave up. Then I finally get a call from them over a month later saying they have it! Cool right? So they tell me they will call me back with a shipping quote. Now mind you, I have the red/white plane and the original shipping box so I know the exact dimension. I figure the DSM is a little heavier since it's RTF (radio, etc.) so I factor in a few extra pounds just to be safe. I come to find out, weight didn't change the cost at all just dimensions. So I know this plane ships for...get this...$20-$27 and this is with $200 insurance added. Without insurance it was $18.75 vis USPS and I know this b/c I use Stamps.com so my quotes were from USPS and UPS. So this joker has his wife call me back saying shipping will cost $126!!!!??????? I told them the quote I got doesn't cost that much and I asked if I can talk to her husband. He refused to take my call (clear indication he knows he's gouging me and doesn't want to face me) and he told her to tell me just forget the whole thing. What a JERK!!! I didn't want this plane that bad and I certainly didn't want to give them my money. So I waited...

...and then I figured I'd place a Wanted Ad here on RCG... and even though I wasn't really expecting anything from my ad, I figured it'll be worth a shot and BOY WAS IT EVER!!!!

So now I'm waiting for it to show up via USPS which says ETA should be Monday 5/17. When it is delivered, I'll update this thread with pics and an unboxing video and eventually the X-port in action of course!

AND THANK YOU DERRELL!!!!

Stay tuned...
Last edited by Nickerz; May 29, 2021 at 07:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2021, 05:06 PM
Thread OP

HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400) Was Delivered Today...

USPS delivered my NIB HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400) this afternoon at 2:25 PM PST! It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but then was bumped to this morning and then this afternoon - typical USPS.

Here is a link to the specs on this plane...

Here are some pics & the unboxing video...

Here are some of the HobbyZone accessories I already had & plan to use with this plane!

Here are some spare parts I was going to use to build this plane before I found the RTF...

Unboxing Video...
HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400) - Unboxing (17 min 25 sec)
Last edited by Nickerz; May 19, 2021 at 08:46 PM.
May 19, 2021, 04:51 AM
3D RC... Money well wasted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz
USPS delivered my NIB HobbyZone Super Cub DSM RTF (HBZ7400) this afternoon at 2:25 PM PST! It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but then was bumped to this morning and then this afternoon - typical USPS.

I'll update this post with pics & the unboxing video soon...

Unboxing Video...
..... stay tuned ....
Glad I could help ya find what you have been searching for Nick. I see it's been delivered! Lets see that Flying vid bud!!
May 19, 2021, 12:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dn it
Glad I could help ya find what you have been searching for Nick. I see it's been delivered! Lets see that Flying vid bud!!
You absolutely helped in a big way! I'll update with pics and the unboxing video hopefully later today when I get time!
Jun 07, 2021, 06:54 PM
Awesome on both of you! The SC is a gem, both in her native state, and also when modded to the max. Keep 'em flying gents!

Best, Fran

Quick Reply