This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2021, 09:50 AM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Discussion

T-6 Texan - Plastic Model

Completed a 1/48 Scale Revell T-6G Texan. I got this 1991 kit for $6.00 at an estate sale last summer.

It is to honor Russell O'Quinn, God's test pilot. Russ learned how to fly much earlier, but he had to take lessons in a plane just like this at Hondo AFB west of San Antonio, Texas. I weathered mine by griming it up a bit because in 1949, dirt and dust was a constant there. I do plastic models so that one day if and when I make an RC version, I have a good resource for reference.

Russ went on to test and even design jets for the USAF. His testimony is outstanding! I can highly recommend this recording:

Love Worth Finding: Russell O'Quinn Testimony [#30601] (47 min 13 sec)
Last edited by UpNup; May 20, 2021 at 05:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2021, 04:23 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Nice work and dedication . i use many plastic models to get the details and test schemes for the RC project.
Nice dedication to Russel , I did a FMS 1700 Corsair in the markings flown frequently by Sen John Glenn.
I wrote to the John Glenn foundation and they were incredibly kind in providing more details as well as a very nice email of gratitude when the project was completed.
I would suggest if you have not contacted Mr O Quinns family or found a historical society noting his accomplishments you may want to do so .
I am sure they would appreciate your respect and fine work on this model tribute
May 12, 2021, 02:36 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Yes, I did contact the family and learned that Mr. O'Quinn is now 93 years old. His son, Tim, was helpful to provide me with a list of airplanes he used over his very long and distinguished career in the USAF. I sent a photo of the final plane to Tim.
May 12, 2021, 08:16 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Very nice, great job and a great tribute sir

Quick Reply