Sep 22, 2021, 10:55 PM

Sebart/krill AreS

Agree, look at the price of a 40 foot container now!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2021, 07:53 AM
ah dinnae ken
Hi,
I called Chief Aircraft and ordered one. The last one coming in the 1st shipment. They told me they are loading the container next week and expect in in the USA by November.

I got a red one, but I would have preferred yellow. Jiri told me in an email he could stick another yellow one in the container, but I'm not sure Chief Aircraft will play along.

This model is slightly smaller and lighter than my Rebel Hot, and should be a good flyer with an X45 (non-3D) I am interested in the upcoming JetCat P55.

BTW - this airplane is made in the Krill Factory in the Czech Republic. So, its not shipping from China.

Chief Aircraft told me to expect six months wait to get a factory order. Neil at Sebart USA was thinking to import them too, so there is another option.
Latest blog entry: Gliders_it graecalis
Oct 03, 2021, 03:08 AM
Have a little interest in this jet but want to know more about the retracts, are they just the Sebart Avanti 90mm retracts or something a bit beefier. Perhaps ER-008 from JP instead of ER-005?

Actually found my answer, bigger wheels but still ER-005 with 5mm pins. Questionable size for reliable grass op's for my facility's on a plane 5kg plus, oh well.

https://www.jphobby.eu/en/struts-set...ontroller.html
Last edited by raydar; Oct 03, 2021 at 03:16 AM.
Oct 03, 2021, 07:11 AM
In search of speed......
I would have to get one with no gear electron only on my jets, had many JP but no more.
Oct 03, 2021, 11:46 AM
ah dinnae ken
The Electron stuff is definitely nicer than JP. But I've had good success with JP for several models of this size.
Oddly, the only retract issue I currently have is from an Electron RB45 controller.
Latest blog entry: Gliders_it graecalis
Oct 03, 2021, 12:40 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
The Electron stuff is definitely nicer than JP. But I've had good success with JP for several models of this size.
Oddly, the only retract issue I currently have is from an Electron RB45 controller.
Used and installed many of these, never been a problem, but anything is possible with electronic….just talk to either Greg Alderman or Electron Spain
Oct 09, 2021, 08:55 PM
Seriously considering one of these as my 3rd jet with an x90 for 3D. Is it safe to say an X90 will fit ok? Slightly disappointed that the tank is still not right on the CG like the Avanti. Intrigued by their clip-on securing system, hopefully it’s durable.
Oct 13, 2021, 12:14 PM
2021 EDF Jet Jam June 10-12
Thread OP
Setup looks virtually Identical to the Avanti with the back of the tank at the CG.
Oct 17, 2021, 11:26 AM
I want to buy this plane but it will fit a K85? or is to much
Oct 17, 2021, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanopla
I want to buy this plane but it will fit a K85? or is to much
Power wise, no. Just a bit too much on the physical dimensions and on the heavy side. Due to the larger starter that protrudes on the K85 it might have some clearance issues. Due to the engine placement being directly behind, literally against the backside of the tank and the required clearance for the thrust tube. It’s much longer than what’s been recommended so far. I’d wait till someone experiments with that engine and if I can fit without possibly having to push the thrust tube back and ruin the geometry seba recommends for the servo pushrods and VT system.

Edit: just reviewed the pics on the mini with the X45 and I don’t think it’s a match with the K85, the X45 is much, much smaller than that engine and it looks like it sits snug in the plane already. Looks like some if not too much cutting might be needed to get it to work.
Oct 22, 2021, 04:35 PM
Peter S.
Hi,
maybe someone is interested in a build thread of the new Mini AreS in the german forum „RC-Network“ with many images, powered with a Xicoy X45. Try to keep it very lightweight!
Peter
Oct 23, 2021, 03:51 AM
2021 EDF Jet Jam June 10-12
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS52
Hi,
maybe someone is interested in a build thread of the new Mini AreS in the german forum „RC-Network“ with many images, powered with a Xicoy X45. Try to keep it very lightweight!
Peter
Please do Peter!
Oct 23, 2021, 05:39 AM
Peter S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Please do Peter!
I will do my best
Oct 25, 2021, 07:35 AM
Well I've had the quote request sent in on the krill website for 3 weeks and still no response other than being told that it was forwarded to chief aircraft. Seems they're rather flakey from what I've read elsewhere. Anyone stateside have one of these on their way yet?
Oct 25, 2021, 07:50 AM
I wish Krill would allow customers to order factory direct.....would have one on the way. Looks like a fun little jet

Quick Reply