Jul 01, 2005, 07:48 PM
Thread OP

Pin out for Compaq PS4060 power supply?

I want to use this to power a charger and can't seem to find the any information on what the voltage output is on this power supply. Please HELP.

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2011, 03:27 PM
I know I'm drudging up an old thread, but the link is dead, and I really am having trouble finding this pinout.
May 28, 2011, 01:01 AM
Heli's rule!
Got this from the waybackmachine..... (http://wayback.archive.org/web/)

http://web.archive.org/web/200503191...r%20Supply.htm

The pic you need should be this one:
Sep 22, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hi all,
cwdance1, were you able to use this power supply for the chargers?

if so, could yuo please share? I found one on an old server, looks powerful!

THANKS!
Oct 13, 2011, 07:55 PM

Compaq Proliant PS4060 (298581-001) Pinouts.

Hello,

To start with I'll warn you that I am not certain that the following procedures to get the PSUs running are in any way harmful to them or not. Having said that, I have tested both procedures without harming my PSUs.

I have managed to get them running both with and without the redundant PSU back-panel from the server they were built for.

These back panels don't have a lot of sophisticated chips on them but the PCB seems multi-layered and not too easy to reverse-engineer. I have not been able to find schematics for them either.

Doing a quick check I found out that with run with the back-panel, the 12V output gave 12,5V while run the way shown in the picture below it gave 13.2V. The 3V and 5V outputs gave the same voltages with or without the back-panel (3.8V and 5.7V)

I have only seen the 3 PSU back-panel version (single and double PSU models exist as well) and on those you bridge the following to start the PSUs:
Pin 13 in the J1 connector to ground
Pin 14 in the 44pin connector to ground

By the way, the picture linked earlier in the thread isn't from a PS4060 at all.

Hope this helps someone. My reason for digging into this was because I needed a PSU for a PC and had 4 of those laying around from a overclocking project that never got finished, 6 years ago.

Cheers!

Guuber
Jul 08, 2015, 08:45 AM
in a Compaq (298581-001) just connect pin 13 and 24 to "common"(B1 , B2 , B3)
Dec 03, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuber
Hello,

To start with I'll warn you that I am not certain that the following procedures to get the PSUs running are in any way harmful to them or not. Having said that, I have tested both procedures without harming my PSUs.

I have managed to get them running both with and without the redundant PSU back-panel from the server they were built for.

These back panels don't have a lot of sophisticated chips on them but the PCB seems multi-layered and not too easy to reverse-engineer. I have not been able to find schematics for them either.

Doing a quick check I found out that with run with the back-panel, the 12V output gave 12,5V while run the way shown in the picture below it gave 13.2V. The 3V and 5V outputs gave the same voltages with or without the back-panel (3.8V and 5.7V)

I have only seen the 3 PSU back-panel version (single and double PSU models exist as well) and on those you bridge the following to start the PSUs:
Pin 13 in the J1 connector to ground
Pin 14 in the 44pin connector to ground

By the way, the picture linked earlier in the thread isn't from a PS4060 at all.

Hope this helps someone. My reason for digging into this was because I needed a PSU for a PC and had 4 of those laying around from a overclocking project that never got finished, 6 years ago.

Cheers!

Guuber

I can't see the pic! I really need to know how to start and use this psu, it's for testing car amps, what should I jump with what?. Please if you're so kind show me some schematic.
Thank you!
Jan 24, 2017, 09:15 AM

Compaq PS4060 Pinout for turn on

Sorry for exhuming an old topic but these informations are hard to find.

I have successfully switched on a Compaq PS4060 by connecting the pins marked with X to the ground blade A3.

Blades are:
A1 - 12V
A2 - 3.3V
A3 - GROUND

B1 - B2 - B3 COM (don't know)
B4 - B5 5V

. . . . . X
X . . . X .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . . .

Check the attached image.
Aug 29, 2020, 04:57 PM

Compaq PS4060 Pinout for turn on with switch

Thanks for the info MaxPower84.
I took your diagram and updated it with a switch which i'll find a place on the distribution board I'm building for it.
Now can turn it off/on..

TPBurt

Quick Reply