May 05, 2021, 09:41 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingSkipper
Yah, I see that. I also got some iffy messages already, I'm not sure who has a legitimate offer or a scam.
You can look at how long the member has been on rcgroups, how often they post, and especially their trader rating in order to evaluate if they are legit. That is not saying that brand new members don't have good planes to sell. Everyone has to start somewhere. But it is far easier to build a good trader rating by making a few purchases first before trying to sell. Be wary of anyone who insists on you sending cash via Friends and Family because then you have absolutely no recourse if anything goes wrong.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2021, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
You can look at how long the member has been on rcgroups, how often they post, and especially their trader rating in order to evaluate if they are legit. That is not saying that brand new members don't have good planes to sell. Everyone has to start somewhere. But it is far easier to build a good trader rating by making a few purchases first before trying to sell. Be wary of anyone who insists on you sending cash via Friends and Family because then you have absolutely no recourse if anything goes wrong.

Wayne
Thank you, I'll watch out for that! Also, I couldn't find the Sailplanes classifieds, I haven't used RC groups in a while... Thank you!
May 05, 2021, 10:27 AM
Time for me to Fly...
https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-sailplanes-fs-w-100/
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
May 05, 2021, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Thank you!
May 05, 2021, 06:31 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Here's the deal for you. Vortex 2 for $600 from a really great guy. Act fast. Won't last.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...J-F5J-for-sale

Wayne
May 05, 2021, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
Here's the deal for you. Vortex 2 for $600 from a really great guy. Act fast. Won't last.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...J-F5J-for-sale

Wayne
I was hoping for something a little bit more modern that would be competitive in competitions. Thank you for the info tho!
May 05, 2021, 07:19 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Just remember, competitive is as much pilot as it is plane. Don't underestimate recent gen planes like Vortex 2/2.5, Snipe, BAMF, Flitz, NXT, etc. in the hands of a good pilot. Last gen planes also carry a more affordable price as well. I've seen a lot of less experienced pilots waste a ton of cash on the latest design only to trash it on the maiden flight. Hurts to see that happen.

Wayne
May 05, 2021, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingSkipper
I was hoping for something a little bit more modern that would be competitive in competitions. Thank you for the info tho!
No plane will make you competitive. Good competition pilots flying 10 year old models can beat inexperienced pilots with the latest greatest model all day long.

Fly wit Cory before you buy anything. You will learn a lot and be able to make an informed decision. Then pick an airplane and put as many hours on it as you can. Familiarity with a model is a key to success. Every model has different quirks.
May 05, 2021, 08:30 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
I hope to live up to all of your hype!
May 05, 2021, 09:11 PM
Don’t worry. I pm’d him to make sure he has you remove the tree magnet along with the rx from any model he buys from you.
May 05, 2021, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
I hope to live up to all of your hype!
Expectations are high lol

Quick Reply