May 01, 2021, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

What is a Good Competitive F3K Glider

Hello,

I have been flying around some older DLGs for a while now and I think it is about time for me to move on to a newer model that I could possibly enter some contests in. What is a competitive F3K glider that is around $800?

Thanks guys!
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2021, 09:39 PM
Time for me to Fly...
This one is fantastic and it’s very affordable.... I can’t imagine spending any more. Actually, I can imagine it because I have many times but no more.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3251007-Falcon
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
May 02, 2021, 03:23 AM
I know the Inside out.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
This one is fantastic and it’s very affordable.... I can’t imagine spending any more. Actually, I can imagine it because I have many times but no more.

Woeha!

I told you so! The Falcon is amazing!
May 02, 2021, 11:54 AM
Blind Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
This one is fantastic and itís very affordable.... I canít imagine spending any more. Actually, I can imagine it because I have many times but no more.

Excellent choice!
May 02, 2021, 01:42 PM
DS Junkie
Falcon is the best flying DLG out there. No hype, no marketing, no BS. Just flat out awesome. Easy to build too, and Oleg's service is second to none!
May 03, 2021, 05:51 AM
Here we go again lol

Remarks aside i have heard nothing but good things about the falcon.
May 03, 2021, 07:22 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
the best is the one that you feel the most comfortable flying. If you have access to people and different ships, con them into test flying so you can compare. Of course you will be subject to their setup but you can still learn a lot about how they fly. Unfortunately for you I am not aware of too many flyers on the west side of the state. Need to come over to central or west side.

Send me a message if you are interested in traveling to be able to sample some planes. We are planning on gather at the Ft Christmas field the 15th for an ALES contest but there will be people with DLGs there too. might even be a couple of used contender type DLGs if interested.
Last edited by corsha99; May 03, 2021 at 07:28 AM.
May 03, 2021, 07:29 AM
Team Falcon
^^ that.

All the popular recent models are very capable and high performance - just with slightly different flavors/trade-offs.

Falcon, CX-5, Vortex 3, Snipe 2, BAMF 2, Flitz 2/3, etc etc.

Get a popular model, spend time with it and it will be your favorite!

Jason
May 03, 2021, 07:41 AM
I believe the correct order is CX5, Flitz 2, Flitz 1, and eventually the Falcon
May 03, 2021, 07:48 AM
Team Falcon
The ones we love always hurt us the most... come back to the fold, Cory, get a proper DLG

J
May 03, 2021, 09:34 AM
Wayne Wimbish
A lot of the answer depends on the OP's criteria of $800. The Falcon can be built out for that price including servos. The other popular models listed start around $800 for the empty airframe.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
May 03, 2021, 11:14 AM
They also say newer.... not brand spankin' new. There are some bargains out there occasionally and know of a few locally. Even so, at the end of the day the best is very relative.
May 03, 2021, 11:29 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
A lot of the answer depends on the OP's criteria of $800. The Falcon can be built out for that price including servos. The other popular models listed start around $800 for the empty airframe.

Wayne
Falcon Kit $670
Shipping (to Michigan from North Carolina) $80
4xKST x08 servos (Hyperflight) $144
Shipping $20
Any brand 1S 600 lipo $4

By the time you add the cost of the receiver it's still a grand but maybe he already has some of this stuff???

That said, the other planes need the same equipment and have the same shipping costs.
Check Soaring USA for the price of a CX5 (I have 2) or a Vortex 3.
The Falcon is a heck of a good value! I know this because I just bought and built one.
May 03, 2021, 12:44 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Everyone has to pay for shipping and supply a radio and battery. The margin in the kit prices however, is often enough to cover the cost of the servos. That is my point. A Falcon kit plus 4 servos is closer to $800 than any other option for a brand new kit. (Used models of course will be less.)

Wayne

Here is a list of the current list prices for the popular designs mentioned. (USD)

670 Falcon
748 Snipe 2
750 NRJ
830 GCM FX
880 CX5
880 Vortex 3
901 BAMF 2
905 Yoda
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
May 03, 2021, 03:01 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Soaring USA is charging quite a lot more for a CX5 than what you are showing.

Quick Reply