May 01, 2021, 04:29 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Yippee!

3D printed M-chassis

My new M-chassis design is up on Cults now.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...chassis-rc-car

It doesn't use oil dampers and is easy to drive. It's fast enough that I was accused of using "too fast" gear ratio compared to other M-cars today, but I'm within the gear ratio range of normal M05 cars with my 27 turn motor.
Latest blog entry: EL-39 compilation video
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2021, 10:43 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
From 2:25 in this video I'm driving the car. It's one of my favourite cars to drive now. It's super easy to drive with a stock Tamiya silver can and slightly more challenging with a Torque Tuned.
Indoor Driving At A Local School - 15.05.2021 (6 min 32 sec)
May 30, 2021, 02:20 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
I drove again today and in addition to all the usual tumbles and crashes with other cars it allended with a full speed head on collision with another car coming the opposite way on the other side of the track. He jumped the divider line and hit my car head on. It shattered the right front spindle and bumper, but that was it... oh, and the body shattered too The front right of the body is held together with helicopter tape now.

I don't use a servo saver but because I designed the car with the kingpin down through the tire patch and so close to the wheel there is no damage to servo or steering links, unlike on Tamiya cars where the entire kingpin runs 5 mm outside the front wheels.

The fan mount I added to the car keeps the motor from overheating. It made a huge difference. Before I installed it the motor got too hot to touch.
May 31, 2021, 03:19 AM
That chassis goes really well , good job !

Quick Reply