Apr 30, 2021, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Question

What is this hovercraft?

Hi all,

Just bought this hovercraft, does anyone know who makes the kit for it?

Also this is my first hobby-grade hovercraft, presumably most people have an ESC setup for forward and reverse thrust?

What sort of expo* is recommended for the rudder?

*I am using Frsky tx

Thanks all!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2021, 11:25 AM
It looks like a modified SR.N5 kit that IIRC was originally produced by a company called Hoverdynamics, and later by Hovercraft Models. If it is, I have completed one of their US Navy LCAC kits.

The LCAC has a Viper Marine 40 ESC with forward and reverse for the two drive fans, but I seldom use reverse. The ESC was chosen because it can handle high amps and the two drive fans pull a lot of juice. I got cute and used a second, identical ESC for the two lift fans so that she could stay on cushion while not moving. I already had it, so I installed it, but a simple on/off switch is all that is really needed for the lift fans. The dual rudders are linked together, and I'm using a standard servo for them.

With four fans, she sucks doing the juice like there's no tomorrow. Even when not running the drive fans at full speed, she will drain two 3500mah battery packs in parallel in under 10 minutes. My normal run time is closer to 5 minutes because it is way too much fun watching the faces on the fast electric guys as I blow by them over and over.
Jul 04, 2021, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply