This thread is privately moderated by Thomas B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 26, 2021, 12:57 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Announce

My 2021 event schedule

Looking forward to a great 2021 flying season and ready to put 2020 further back in my rear view mirror.

I was hammered a bit by Covid 19 in the fall. Was off work all of Sept and half of October with it. Had some post Covid issues, but am back close to normal. My wife Robin had it as well, but she had a much less severe case, thank goodness.

I was able to retire effective Feb 1. I have had zero issues in adapting to being retired!

A lot more model events will happen this year.

I attended the awesome TINY indoor RC event in San Angelo the first weekend in March, which never fails to be a great weekend. Flew a total of nearly 30 hours over three days, as the indoor stadium was open from 8 am until 12 midnight each day.

I am also doing model and high power rocketry again and will be attending some launches. Doing a lot of RC rocket gliders.

Next up:

Austin ARCS Warbird fly in, April 30 -May 1. Missed this one due to a bad weather forecast. However was not as bad as they predicted.
Fort Worth Thunderbirds Warbirds over Lake Benbrook on May 8. Went and had a great time, in spite of the wind.
Texas Shootout, high power rocket launch in Seymour, Texas, May 29 and 30. Had a great time and maidened two new RC rocket gliders successfully.
SMALL in Little Rock June 2-6. Had a fantastic time in slightly cooler than normal weather.
Warbirds over Texas, NDRCC, May June 11-12. Went and had a fantastic time!!

Next up:
Bomber Field Any Size Warbird, July 30-31 (just added!)
Fort Worth Thunderbirds Summer float fly on Sunday, Aug 8, Camp Joy Park, Lake Worth.
B-17 Gathering, Bomber Field, Sept 16-18
Jet Thunder over Lake Benbrook, T-Bird Field Sept 25. All types of jets welcome.
BEST, New Waverly, TX, October 2-3.
Fall SMALL, Maumelle, AR Oct 14-17
TEX, the Texas Electric eXpo, T-Bird Field, Oct 30

More events to be added soon!
Last edited by Thomas B; Jul 22, 2021 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2021, 09:59 AM
Modeling Retread
I too retired at the same time but weather has not been good here in San Antonio. Lots of wind. I am getting more more modeling done though.
Latest blog entry: Goodyear Blimp at Oshkosh
Jun 30, 2021, 04:36 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Updated the event list for 2021.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Jul 31, 2021, 10:52 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Thomas B.

Ain't Blog's great?

Thanks for the kind words over on that other thread re: HeWhoShallRemainNameless

Not sure if you noticed but have changed my location details on RCG and I now show up where I am as opposed to where I was, I think

Anywho your Blog notation caught my eye.

Headed back up North at the end of the month to move my stuff from MI to TX and while above the Mason Dixon intend to attend the NEAT in New York but was wondering what would be available here in Texas after I got back.

Your blog helped fill in some blanks, many thanks.

Hope to see you at the Texas Expo in October.

Best Regards,

Mark R.

old_coastie
Aug 16, 2021, 12:43 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie
Thomas B.

Ain't Blog's great?

Thanks for the kind words over on that other thread re: HeWhoShallRemainNameless

Not sure if you noticed but have changed my location details on RCG and I now show up where I am as opposed to where I was, I think

Anywho your Blog notation caught my eye.

Headed back up North at the end of the month to move my stuff from MI to TX and while above the Mason Dixon intend to attend the NEAT in New York but was wondering what would be available here in Texas after I got back.

Your blog helped fill in some blanks, many thanks.

Hope to see you at the Texas Expo in October.

Best Regards,

Mark R.

old_coastie
Sounds like a good plan! Glad to offer some moral support to your post. It needed to be done and thanks for calling attention to that issue.

Lots of great RC events in north and central Texas.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Aug 16, 2021, 12:49 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B
Sounds like a good plan! Glad to offer some moral support to your post. It needed to be done and thanks for calling attention to that issue.

Lots of great RC events in north and central Texas.
So I am finding out, Fixin to join the local AMA club, flew at their field in Abernathy this week-end, and found out that they have a Warbird flyin the end of this month. And me with all my (few) Warbirds are in MI.

Been told that Warbirds are BIG in Texas so gonna have to adjust my game.

Look forward to meeting up and flyin with you in the future.

Best Regards

Mark R.

old_coastie

Quick Reply