AC Glenn Joins Team CK Aero and Creates the CK Aero Pioneer!

Join me in giving AC Glenn two big thumbs up from RCGroups and let us know what you think about the new CK Aero Pioneer in the comments below.

Splash

Great News from AC Glenn!

I've known AC for quite a while now, dating back to my Hobby Lobby days. He and his dad have had a huge impact on the RC hobby and AC was always a really great pilot, even back then. I just learned some fantastic news about AC joining Team CK Aero and the launch of a new airplane that he designed so I asked him to send me some info that I could post. Join me in giving AC Glenn two big thumbs up from RCGroups and let us know what you think about the new CK Aero Pioneer in the comments below.

From AC:

"A new F3A airplane was created to replicate my style and flow of flying. This airplane was designed by myself, AC Glenn, and will be manufactured by Xtreme Composites in Thailand. This model will be sold worldwide by CK Aero. In the winter of last year Bryan Hebert, CEO of CK Aero, approached me about being on his team and releasing my design. Having worked with Bryan previously on The Allure, an airplane that helped me win the 2015 F3A Nationals, this provided us another opportunity to create something special.

I started working on the designs of this airplane with the help of Alexander Safarik, who is well known in the industry for his CAD and 3D drawings. I went back to an original idea that started a few years ago on the trip back from the 2017 World Championship. After a successful showing, Chuck Hochhalter, my caller and close friend, convinced me to create a design for myself. The airplane took life as The Ariel, which I flew in 2018, based on some positive feedback and learning experiences with that design we started again with an updated profile. Alexander has been instrumental in the design process with his ability to take even the smallest changes and augment them to its full potential. Once we settled on the final design, I created a small scale, 3D model to determine if the design was fit for production. I was thrilled with the model and decided to reach out to Bryan and within a few days, the factory start on the plug for the airplane.

We are looking to have the airplane developed within the upcoming months for a Spring 2022 market release. I have attached photos of the airplane in my personalized color scheme and the production color scheme created by Chuck. I look forward to bringing you along throughout the process and its public release. All videos will be uploaded to my YouTube channel, A.C. Glenn. Catch everyone at the field.

I want to thank everyone who has helped with this project. Thank you to Bryan Hebert and Brett Wickizer for the chance to be a part of the team. The opportunity to do something I love and bring my airplane to life means the world. Thank you to Chuck Hochhalter for being my right hand and mentor. Thank you to Andrew Jesky and Jason Shulman for allowing me to bounce ideas and get advice on design concepts."

Introducing the EP PIONEER!

From Brian and CK Aero:

"Back in 2012 I saw some promising skills from AC Glenn and I designed the Allure for him to be competitive with good equipment; he went on to win the US Nationals with the Allure in 2015. Fast forward to 2021 and after a couple of past World Championship appearances, I decided to partner with AC again and work with him to create his very own Identity. AC got busy assembling his thoughts partnered with a few top pilots for input, and the Pioneer was the outcome! You will see hints of Captain Al Glennís original scheme in some of the photos, colors and styling ,which I like! The model plugs are currently being cut with a CNC machine and preparing for molding. It's expertly drawn by Alex Safarik and with my input for placement and incidence settings we have an amazing outcome. ACís Caller and team partner Chuck Hockhalter assisted in the color scheme makeup. It takes teamwork sometimes to bring things together and with our factory support we will pull it off completely. Expect a release in the spring of 2022."

More Details on the CK Aero EP Pioneer:

• Wing Span: 1900 mm

• Length: 1990 mm
  • Net Weight: 2300-2400 grams
  • Gross Weight: 4800-5000 grams
  • Electric Power: Available in either Mono Prop or Counter Rotating Prop
  • Radio: 8 channel Rx with 2 mini size servos (Elevator) & 3 high torque servo (Aileron/Rudder)

Visit the CK Aero Website Here

Apr 26, 2021, 03:52 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Looks beautiful. I'd love to fly one.

Tom
Apr 26, 2021, 04:46 PM
+1.....AC, any idea who will manufacture your new plane?
Apr 26, 2021, 08:08 PM
Xtreme Composites. It is in the first paragraph ‘From AC’.
Who makes the CK Aero models?
Apr 27, 2021, 09:01 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywilly57
Xtreme Composites. It is in the first paragraph ĎFrom ACí.
Who makes the CK Aero models?
As far as I know, Xtreme Composites makes all CK models.
Apr 27, 2021, 07:51 PM
Congrats AC, what an opportunity!! All the best in your new endeavor!

Joe
Apr 30, 2021, 03:55 AM
✄ - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilbo4
As far as I know, Xtreme Composites makes all CK models.
what country are these kits made in ?
Apr 30, 2021, 08:20 AM
Thailand
Apr 30, 2021, 10:44 AM
First things first Jason thank you very much for the article. The airplane will be made by Xtreme Composites in Thailand and will be sold by Ck Aero here in the US and thru Ck Aero's distributers world wide.
Apr 30, 2021, 11:06 AM
Electric only? Or will there be a glow option?
Thanks and congrats!
Apr 30, 2021, 11:31 AM
This will be a electric only aircraft. There may be plans in the future to modify for Glow but as of right now it will be electric only. Thanks a bunch
May 01, 2021, 10:28 AM
Congrats AC !
May 01, 2021, 03:04 PM
Thanks for stopping by the field today and showing us your skill! Made me envious!

Good luck on the season - Mike, Alamogordo RC'ers..
May 03, 2021, 05:05 PM
very cool and congrats to ya mate
May 03, 2021, 05:41 PM
I want one put me in the list

Quick Reply