Apr 25, 2021, 11:35 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Radio Master Tx16S and Real Flight

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the Real Flight 9,5 model airplanes flight sim with the Radio Master transmitter (see subject) and how to do this ?
I'm the owner of a Spektrum DX6e at the moment but I'm thinking to upgrade to the Radio Master transmitter. Tips and suggestions are welcome !
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2021, 01:04 AM
radiomaster definitely works on AccuRC simulator
Apr 27, 2021, 07:53 AM
I just installed RF9.5 last night and I have the radiomaster tx16s. Just goofing around w/ the software I was able to see 6 channels by using the game pad option via USB connection. When you plug in the tx16s the radio will ask you if you want to use the connection as a joystick or drive. For the controller options I selected the gamepad option. It shows 8 channels and the last 2 being sliders, but I moved all my inputs and didn't see the last 2 sliders adjust in the software. I was able to get all my control surfaces working including flaps, but have yet figured out how to control retracts or switch btwn modes, but again haven't looked at the manual at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Apr 27, 2021, 02:04 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
I use my TX16S wireless with a Frsky XSR-SIM dongle on RF8. It took me a while to figure out how to program the model but now I can even reset RF through the Tx.
Once you've flown wireless on the sim you'll never go back.
Ronaldo
May 03, 2021, 06:50 AM
Thread OP
At this moment I'm flying the flight sim with the DX6e connected to the comp via a wireless SPMWS1000 dongle . and indeed this works fine. I think the dongle should work also if using the RadioMaster but ....??? Thanks guys for the answers Maybe one of these days I'll buy the RadioMaster !
May 12, 2021, 12:32 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
I use both my NX10 and RadioMaster TX12 on RF9.5 using the USB input (Joystick HID). Works fine. The RM shows as an actual TX12 and the NX10 displays at a Spektrum NX TX.

I think there is less latency with the connected USB setup so prefer that.

On the RadioMaster, I have that model set to NOT use either the internal or external RF.
May 22, 2021, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin VE
At this moment I'm flying the flight sim with the DX6e connected to the comp via a wireless SPMWS1000 dongle . and indeed this works fine. I think the dongle should work also if using the RadioMaster but ....??? Thanks guys for the answers Maybe one of these days I'll buy the RadioMaster !
Exactly what I am using works perfectly with the Radiomaster.
Jun 27, 2021, 03:11 AM
If you use the SPMWS2000 dongle with the TX16s transmitter are you able to use your existing model settings with RF9.5 or do you have to use another model programmed just for the RF9.5 simulator software?
Jun 27, 2021, 08:59 PM
Using my Tx 16 with usb input with RF 9.5. It recognizes the Radiomaster Tx 16 transmitter and works great. Haven't tried any other way, but would be curious to know.
Jul 21, 2021, 05:06 AM

tx16s with SPMWS1000 dongle

Hello, I used de tx16s with de SPMWS1000 dongle and work it very well, juast have to bind the dongle als ander model with the radio tx16s.
Aug 21, 2021, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys, I spent about 2 hours trying to get the TX16 to work with Real Flight 8 using the USB C cable, it finally happened and I was able to use the sim for a bit. I saved the radio profile and all other settings, should have taken screen shots too.

I then turned off the radio, closed Real Flight 8, rebooted the radio and then opened up RF 8, and everything went back to where I first started, as in no workie again with throttle on a slider and a bunch of other madness.

I folleded some guidelines from here but they did not work right away but I had it working 2 hrs afterwards. Seems as though either Windows or RF8 throws out your TX controller settings
Aug 21, 2021, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if there are TX16 Radio Profiles anywhere? I check on Knife Edge Swap Page but did not see any.
Aug 21, 2021, 02:46 PM
Got it to work again.

Seems like Windows 10 is not retaining the Game Controller settings when the radio is turned off. Have to go and pull up the controller and recalibrate all over again, both the device in windows and the controller in Reaf Flight.

Though this is, thank god, not a TX 16S issue but it still sucks pigeons nuts.

BTW for those who want to do this, you have to uninstall the controller driver and then connect the RM16S to create a new one, go to devices, calibrate that twice and the calibrate again in RF 8 . A very stupid long repetitive process to get this to work.
Last edited by turboready; Aug 21, 2021 at 02:56 PM.
Aug 23, 2021, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a RF issue, not a Windows 10 issue.
Mar 29, 2022, 04:26 PM
Upgraded to RF 9.5S, within minutes I had the WS2000 dongle and my RadioMaster T16S working remotely like a charm. All the mixes and stuff were all transitioned into RF with no issues.

Quick Reply