This thread is privately moderated by youngco, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 24, 2021, 11:14 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Thread OP
$400.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale

GP 330L 100cc plane RTF with smoke system

I have a GP 330L 100cc plane for sale.. Balsa/monokote construction 101.5 RTF with Reciever. Has smoke system. Posting photos of the plane. I have too many planes.

Can meet somewhere near Palm Springs Ca. area. Will not ship
Not looking to trade. Need to thin the fleet. 760-238-2383
Last edited by youngco; Jul 11, 2021 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Price reduction
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2021, 07:44 AM
Trader Rating: 2
I believe that you have a great planes extra 330L kit build as I am constructing one now.
If the wingspan is 101.5 Then that is probably it. The canopy has been modified.
Apr 25, 2021, 07:51 AM
Trader Rating: 2
Also, it is not really considered a 3-D aircraft,FYI.
Regardless, good luck with your sale.
Can't wait to finish in maiden mine.
Apr 25, 2021, 09:06 AM
Trader Rating: 55
I concur. Definitely a GP 330L, designed in the late 90's by Mike Cross. I have one I'm flying, another NIB kit, and actually had a third one a while back.

Yeah not exactly a 3D plane, but when set up nicely they track pretty well. In the manual they elude to what was very early 3D setup... but 3D was still new and not crazy like today. Still fun though.

It's a nice classic, and somewhat rare airplane these days.

Good luck with the sale. This one looks pretty cool... if everything is in good shape it seems priced fairly. Very cool indeed.
Apr 25, 2021, 10:25 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys. I’m the second owner and have only flown it a handful of times.
Apr 25, 2021, 08:23 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Designed by Mike Cross. Hmmm. Dale do you know anything about him?
Apr 25, 2021, 10:33 PM
Trader Rating: 55
Paul, yes, I believe he's Don Anderson's son-in-law. Don Anderson being the founder of Great Planes. Mike and his wife were very involved back in the mid/late 90's. Mike's wife Anne Marie Cross was apparently Don Anderson's daughter. I corresponded with Anne Marie on several occasions about various topics over the years, quite a while ago. I'm sure others probably remember her too.

Anne Marie Cross was very active on RC media and was well versed with Futaba radios.
I even donated an older classic high end Futaba radio system that apparently went to one of the museums...(I sure can't remember where though).. and Anne Marie hooked me up with a real nice NIB Futaba radio in return for that.... that I installed in my own daughters trainer plane(AeroStar20) that's still in that plane today (she was about 15 at the time, and is now 34..LOL).. so yeah it's been a while.

I also know Mike and Anne Marie both were probably involved in the design of this plane, as there's a RadioControlModeler issue that had an article on this plane that mentioned them both. I'll have to look at it(I actually have the magazine) and get the issue date. It was a cool clip on how this plane developed.

I think the Cross's moved on to other interests and hobbies. I haven't heard anything about them for many years now.... but every time one of these planes comes up it peaks my interest. I really like the one I'm flying.... haha..... I like them all!

Yeah, I've been a fan of this particular plane for years... for a few reasons.
Apr 25, 2021, 11:30 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Good luck with the sale
Last edited by koppterX; Apr 25, 2021 at 11:36 PM.
May 31, 2021, 12:05 AM
Thread OP
still available
Jul 11, 2021, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
Still available

Quick Reply