Jan 20, 2018, 09:00 AM
Everything is broken
No experience with powered planes, only slope soaring, but wondering, if inverted flight is not a concern why not use the PW75, 98, or 106? All are biased more towards upright flight; the 51 is more aerobatic.

Crashalot, where are you flying there....a secret RC test facility hidden in the desert? Very cool
Last edited by JimZinVT; Jan 20, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2018, 02:01 PM
Nice looking model Nucc10!!!

Bet an unpowered version with a smaller fuselage would make a nice sloper.
Jan 21, 2018, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
Some more airfoils can be found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ce-Plank/page5

yours Peter
Jan 21, 2018, 11:39 AM
Thank you for all you do Peter.
Jan 22, 2018, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56
Nice looking model Nucc10!!!

Bet an unpowered version with a smaller fuselage would make a nice sloper.
Thanks but Kavin (Svede) ^^ above designed and built this beauty. Thanks for the advice guys. And thank you also Peter W.

Great work gents.
Dec 31, 2019, 06:30 PM
I'm working on a small design with a PW51 and have a question regarding the hinge. It says to hinge from the bottom, which is easy enough (think EPP style straight TE with a beveled elevon attached), but how critical is it having a gap on the top? Do I need to work on a solution to close that gap? Thanks.
Dec 31, 2019, 06:45 PM
a wing is enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoDziner
but how critical is it having a gap on the top? Do I need to work on a solution to close that gap? Thanks.
It is not critical, it only decelerates at the faster speeds

.....at lower speed there is a seberation bubble at the gap on the top, then the gap does no matter

Cheers,

Uwe.
Jan 17, 2020, 02:59 AM
Have Wings, will Fly!
The gap isn’t critical apart from creating drag and noise.
There are several ways to close or cover the gap depending on the material you are constructing your wing from.
If composite or vac bagged foam you can do an epoxy splice wiper easily enough, if foam or other a tape wiper cover works well, stuck to the skin
DT

Quick Reply