May 05, 2021, 07:00 PM
I presume the $600 is for the Flymore combo, in which case it's about par for the course. Anyone who can't understand laying out that much for such a small thing probably doesn't know much about drones. With DJI, you can expect a certain level of customer service, that few other manufacturers come close to, and the Mini2 is a known good performer with good video quality.

It's certainly not perfect - I wouldn't be able to fly one at many of the sites I fly from, without enabling some sort of scheme to get around the NFZ's, but those same sort of blockers also unlock the 120m altitude limit too. I've really enjoyed playing around with waypoint flights with my X8, but I believe you have to get a Mavic to get that feature on DJI drones, altho most of them can use Litchi for waypoint flying, and that's way more powerful than the cut-down waypoint features on other apps.

I truly hope the Hubsan Mini is good, since that can only be good for consumers, with knock-on benefits, such as price drops and added features on other drones trying to compete with it. Trouble is all we can do is talk about it and speculate.....
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2021, 01:55 AM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs

altho most of them can use Litchi for waypoint flying, and that's way more powerful than the cut-down waypoint features on other apps.

I truly hope the Hubsan Mini is good, since that can only be good for consumers, with knock-on benefits, such as price drops and added features on other drones trying to compete with it. Trouble is all we can do is talk about it and speculate.....
Unfortunately there is no Litchi for the Mini 2 yet (and IMHO it probably never will come) and therefor also no active track is available. That is really a chance for the ZINO Mini!
May 06, 2021, 07:07 AM
That's a shame. I would only consider a Mini2 if I could use Litchi with it. Can you at least hack out of CE mode?
May 06, 2021, 07:12 AM
Don't know - try to search the forums for that. For me a hack for out-of-CE doesn't matter - if CE signal is strong enough for maybe 2km it will be way enough for all my flying situations. And that is already quite illegal here in EU.
May 06, 2021, 07:14 AM
Thread OP
As it's coming from Hubsan's site, I guess this would be official pricing? $50 more to go from 64 to 128gb. Personally, I don't think they should have so many SKU's and if they are going to be charging a premium price for this Zino they should probably make them all 128gb and give a carrying case. We must be getting close to preorder time though.

https://www.hubsan.com/na/index.php?...oducts_id=1266
May 06, 2021, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfrcgroups
Don't know - try to search the forums for that. For me a hack for out-of-CE doesn't matter - if CE signal is strong enough for maybe 2km it will be way enough for all my flying situations. And that is already quite illegal here in EU.
I thought you already had a Mini2. Maybe you should wait to see what this Husban is like, the price is heading in the right direction.

I can understand the price differentials, and they're not gouging on the built-in memory by much. Perhaps just enough to give them a higher margin on the 128Gb version. If the video really is 200Mbps, you could fill the smaller memory in a single flight - assuming the flight time claims are accurate too.

There are so many unknowns, the pioneers going for the pre-order will really be sticking their necks out, but I can't wait to see how it works out.
May 06, 2021, 07:34 AM
Thread OP
So what size discount would you need to order now and become a hubsan beta tester?
May 06, 2021, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
So what size discount would you need to order now and become a hubsan beta tester?
That's a good question, and the answer might depend on how much I'd had to drink! I have a bunch of work coming up, so probably $100 could do it.
May 06, 2021, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
I thought you already had a Mini2. Maybe you should wait to see what this Husban is like, the price is heading in the right direction.
I've just ordered one, been waiting for delivery and therefore trying to gather as much information from the forums as possible. For the Zino Mini I will wait til the first reviews show what is really working and not only promised.....
May 06, 2021, 08:34 AM
Thread OP
I think I would order this one if the price started with a $4xx.
ZINO MINI PRO portable version with 2 batteries(128GB)
$589.00

But it's hubsan we are talking about, spend all that money and what if a motor doesn't work or the gimbal is messed up? Pretty much nowhere to get help.
May 06, 2021, 10:27 AM
Hubsan page for the zino mini pro appears to be down. Hopefully they are updating it with some info in the remote and maybe clarifying some of the questions around how storage is handled. Banggood has it at $550, but they also have the 128GB version with 3 batteries at $550, so their pricing seems to be messed up at the moment. Interestingly, they list packages with and without a bag, as well as a "Thermal" version in addition to the 64GB and 128GB varieties.

At $460 it is essentially the same price as the DJI mini 2 for the drone, controller and one battery. But compared to the DJI you get longer flight times, a bigger sensor, onboard memory, obstacle avoidance, object tracking, waypoints and many other incremental improvements.

I can't vouch for Hubsan's quality. They've always been a "toy" company to me, but they seem to be trying to break out of that image. Certainly based on specs they appear to be leading the field on this drone. I'm not sure yet if I'm willing to pull the trigger now or wait until we see some actual reviews, but it's certainly intriguing.
May 06, 2021, 05:31 PM
I wonder? "Info from Hubsan mini listing on Banggood"

- 4K-60fps camera, support RAW format, photo lossless output and time-lapse shooting
- The gimbal is detachable

Hmmm... This is interesting to me, and would make me consider buying it.... BUT ONLY IF TRUE.
May 06, 2021, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
I've only seen 4k 30fps on Banggood and Hubsan sites.
May 06, 2021, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I've only seen 4k 30fps on Banggood and Hubsan sites.
Hahaha were talking Banggood Listings haha

They tend to get things wrong, until the final product is available, just to peak your interest.
May 06, 2021, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry1953
I wonder? "Info from Hubsan mini listing on Banggood"

- 4K-60fps camera, support RAW format, photo lossless output and time-lapse shooting
- The gimbal is detachable

Hmmm... This is interesting to me, and would make me consider buying it.... BUT ONLY IF TRUE.
I just had a look at the Hubsan Chinese listing
https://chn.hubsan.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=173

There is no price indicated, and it seems camera is 4k 30fps, and gimbal is non detachable.
Oh well, got to love Banggood

Quick Reply