View Poll Results: /Full Real Time build Video Series or single speeded up version
Full Real Time build Video Series 0 0%
Single speeded up build video 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

May 30, 2021, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
I'm very impressed, that motor has way more punch than mine. I'm going to have to swap over. I haven't done the exact math, but to get a flight time of 3 minutes, you have to be pulling about a 40amp draw on average. The max listed in the specs is 32, and your average is higher than that.

And nice flying!

Ok I did some minor tweaking to my esc and now I agree. Plenty of power on 3s. Upped my timing to 24 degrees and started using the governor. Way more power than I need.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2021, 03:40 AM
Thread OP

Build update

Just an update on the X360 .... I have managed to build it and will do a build video based on a series of over 100 photos I took during the build.

I have done a quick spin up and hop in the back garden to ensure all is well after which I have made some tuning adjustments to the H1 controller.

The controller did work well, very smooth but lacking on the collective response hence my adjusting the settings before I actually fly it for real.

I did this without the canopy on but when fitting the canopy, and as has been noted before, the canopy does look to touch the main gear when fitted so I have done a very quick and simple 3D print to prevent this.

Name: spacer_01.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 100.1 KB
Description:

It has 2 feet to support the canopy and 2 slots to slides onto the frame - it MUST be secured permanently though - CA or similar to prevent it moving or coming adrift during flight.

Sits neatly and can't be seen once in place.

Just posted on Thingyverse so help yourselves : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4901131

Hope this is of use .. when I get the time I will get the build video done.

Mark
Jul 05, 2021, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the update!
Re the canopy an easy fix is to put some cardboard between the frame and the canopy and gently heat up the canopy with a heat gun for instance.
I did it once when I built it like 2-3 years ago
Jul 05, 2021, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich74
thanks for the update!
Re the canopy an easy fix is to put some cardboard between the frame and the canopy and gently heat up the canopy with a heat gun for instance.
I did it once when i built it like 2-3 years ago
👌👌👌
Jul 12, 2021, 03:59 PM
Thread OP

Finally The Maiden Flight!

Managed to do the maiden flight in my garden - quite windy so lots of turbulence but it handled it well.

False start initially as I had made some changes to settings which meant it needed to be calbrated again.

That only took a few minutes and I was able to get her in the air.

Very impressed at how well it handled the conditions as I live in an elevated terraced location which gets odd rolling winds across the garden.

Happy with it - don't think I will change anything apart from setting a timer but the next flight will be at the flying field where I can let her "fly".

Hope you enjoy and get the idea of what the H1 can do so far.

Mark

Maiden Flight of the ALZRC X360 heli with H1 Flight Controller and Eachine TX16S (8 min 5 sec)
Sep 01, 2021, 12:36 PM
Thread OP

And at last "The Build"

Finally put the build video togther based on the manual with reference numbers where possible.

Hope it is of use to anyone building one

I will be covering my H1 Controller settings as soon as I get chance too.

Happy Flying

Mark

ALZRC X360 Built and Flown in 12 Minutes!!! (12 min 45 sec)
Sep 08, 2021, 05:32 AM
Thread OP

H1 Controller Settings

I have been asked for my H1 settings so here they are - these assume that the initial setup has been done correctly, swash plate levelled, tail rotor max left and right plus centre done and main blade angle all setup.

Also that you have done the full calibration after changing any settings.

It is still not perfect but is almost there now and I need more flying to get it idea;.

My setup was done using V1.79 of the H1 software.

Hope this helps

Main Page - tail gain 51%, throttle 88%

Name: H1_01.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 61.4 KB
Description: Main Page - tail gain 51%, throttle 88%

2nd page accoring to your setup

Name: H1_02.jpg
Views: 16
Size: 94.0 KB
Description: 2nd page accoring to your setup

3rd Page - setup for standard flight with shown settings