Oct 19, 2007, 02:48 PM
dalbert02:
in this link
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=1510520
you give the pinout of the module...!
This is different from the pinout of the 1st post!
please confirm which one is the right one as I am going to feed my Sanwa RD6000 with a futaba FP-TP module to revive it!!! (dead smd + dead output transistor on sanwa's rf pcb)
(just for experiments as for FCC rules I live in Europe)
Daniel7866 noted that the signal to ppm in is 0 to 2.15V is it ok?
also do I have to feed the antenna trough the capacitor and rf choke as noted in a previous post?
Well... I 'll give it a try and let you know...
I am searching for a good source of PPM on my Sanwa pcb.... now....

PS: ....also trying to trace pcb tracks of futaba FP-TP-FM module to find out which signal goes where.......
Last edited by bitmaniac; Oct 19, 2007 at 02:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2007, 03:53 PM
K4UAV
Hi Bitmaniac,
OOPS, I think I may have labeled them incorrect. The module in the first post is looking at the back of the module as it sits in your radio TX and my post above is looking at the front of the module. I flipped it over to better connect it to the test circuits.

-dave

PS I fixed the picture in the above post
Last edited by dalbert02; Oct 19, 2007 at 04:04 PM.
Oct 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
Inciting Riots
Code:
1 2 3 4 5
. . . . .
looking at the back of the transmitter, antenna pointing away from you, flip for looking at the module

left side
#1 PPM
#2 switched battery positive
#3 RF good (pulled low through a transister when signal is present at the final amp)
#4 ground
#5 RF out
right side

tieing pin 3 to ground through a 100 ohm resistor seems to be fine for the Futaba radios

Also the module PPM pin has a voltage on it since the radio is just pulling the line low to make the pulses. The stock Futaba FM modules have about 2.5 volts for this supply. Does the Sanwa provide a real signal for PPM or does it pull the pin low for a signal? If it provieds a real signal, you may need to uncouple the pull up inside the RF module (if you can find it).
Oct 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
SUCCESS!

I used FP-TP-FM 35Mhz Futaba module with a friend's sanwa RD6000(with burned rf stage) and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!

SO now I have a SANWA RD6000 TX with Futaba module!.( )....
I am going to do a range check theese days to see how eveything works in the field.
So for SO Good!
(I have not used the capacitor and rf chock at the rf output (pin5) of the module yet... does any one know the value of the L is it 4.7μΗ??)

Also the reliability of the project MUST be tested too!
Last edited by bitmaniac; Oct 20, 2007 at 03:57 PM.
Apr 08, 2008, 05:08 PM
Electric powered
Hi there, anyone knows the pinout of the new Futaba transmitter modules, such as the one on 14MZ? It has two connectors, apparently one is for programming the module frequency+region, and perhaps the other is equivalent to the old one (except ppm can be pcm if programmed as such).

Any help really appreciated, I want to reuse a 14MZ module for a DIY project.

TIA
Apr 12, 2009, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arocholl
Hi there, anyone knows the pinout of the new Futaba transmitter modules, such as the one on 14MZ? It has two connectors, apparently one is for programming the module frequency+region, and perhaps the other is equivalent to the old one (except ppm can be pcm if programmed as such).

Any help really appreciated, I want to reuse a 14MZ module for a DIY project.

TIA
Hello,

is there meanwhile any info about the pinout for the two connectors available?

I 've got a spektrum module with the same two connectors, now I should know where the modul receives the power or on the other hand on which pin from the futaba the + is available.

Wolfgang
Sep 04, 2009, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbert02
I have the same Rf module (FP-TP-FM 50.860Mhz) and was curious if anyone has replaced the Rf transistor C2314 themselves. I accidently left the smiley antenna off and now my range range test is not passing. I think I may have blown or partially destroyed it (if that is possible). Is there a easy way to measure Rf output? I'd be curious to know if I am anywhere near the legal limit of 750mW.
Thanks,
-dave

Edit: would it be possible to trim a pot to get the full 750mW? I have heard that some of these modules are only putting out 100-200mW or so.

Edit 2: maybe change c2314 for Phillips BLY88C? Or maybe some of these other transistors? http://members.tripod.com/Malzev/comp/power.htm
although abit old topic i want to add my experience,my tx range dropped to nearly 1/20 of the original range and i found out that changing the main output transistor(2sc2314) completely solved the problem(it was interesting that the old transistor passed the ohmmeter test)
Nov 08, 2009, 02:56 PM
Stilwell Shipyard

Changing a Futaba 7CAP 72 mhz channel - Help

Converted my 9C to Spektrum and forgot how many planes I have on 72Mhz. So I purchased a used 7C, plugged in a new tx crystal for channel 48 and no joy. The schematic I found on this thread indicated it is a 14mhz crystal working on it's 5th overtone. I am guessing you tweak L1 (red arrow) and watch for a peak or minimum current/volts across the emitter resistor. Any help or clue will be appreciated

I have a friend who can get me exactly on frequency so as to keep the FCC happy

Hurricane Larry
Jan 14, 2010, 06:24 PM
Who let the dogs out?
Old thread I know, but I happened across a good conversion site:
http://www.mindspring.com/~rellis2/rcpattrn/retro.htm
Here's his pic of the Futaba module connections:
Phil
Feb 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Speed Nut
Hello, I know this is an old thread.

I have one of these FP-TP-FM modules on 72,670 "channel 44".

I'd like to increase the power, from 500mw, to 750mw, or even 1W (I live in south Italy), for long range FPV flights, also using a half-wave antenna.

Reading the thread, someone seems to have done it, changing some resistors.

Is there a way that someone with more knowledge than me could tell me what resistors to double rf output?

thank you so much in advance
Feb 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Who let the dogs out?
My opinion (as a ham) is that from 500mw to 1w is not worth doing, 3db will make hardly any difference at all.
If you are end-feeding a half-wave you will need some impedance matching, its very high z whereas the modules o/p is low z.

Phil
Last edited by Phil_G; Feb 22, 2010 at 08:48 PM.
Feb 23, 2010, 07:04 AM
Speed Nut
good thread,

I was thinking along the lines of replacing the power transistor in the Rf unit with a MRF340,
which is capable of max 8W out at 28V, and should be in the 2W range on 14-15v (4s). I could cut the power pin from the main radio board and feed the rf module the full 14+ volts of the battery pack, then use a 12v regulator to power the circuit board.

As far as the external antenna goes, I am still not sure if going half band omni or dipole.

If the rg58 wire is kept short it should be doable.
Feb 24, 2010, 06:46 AM
Oxford Panic
MarcAntonio,

You might want to think about extra heatsinking on the RF output transistor if you are boosting the power that much.

A.
Mar 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
ADI
ADI
Hi All,

This is an old thread, but still usefull for others searching for FP-TP-FM module info, so still worth adding to.
The final RF transistor in my FP-TP-FM is an MRF607. No idea if this was a replacement at some stage or original factory device. I bought it second hand, so have no idea of it's history.

Cheers ADI

Quick Reply