Apr 15, 2021, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I’m pretty much done with DJI’s planned obsolescence as it applies to Occusync. Every iteration breaks the last set of goggles like clockwork and I’m so done with it. They either need to start using a modular design so one can swap video receivers or look for a new customer. Already got Googles v1, Goggles RE and Goggles Gen 2 V1 sitting on the garbage heap. Not playing the game anymore.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2021, 10:40 AM
Are we there yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS Varmint
Yeah, I’m pretty much done with DJI’s planned obsolescence as it applies to Occusync. Every iteration breaks the last set of goggles like clockwork and I’m so done with it. They either need to start using a modular design so one can swap video receivers or look for a new customer. Already got Googles v1, Goggles RE and Goggles Gen 2 V1 sitting on the garbage heap. Not playing the game anymore.
We keep on buying the stuff so they will keep on doing it, with the exception of my air units and V1 goggles which are excellent all my other DJI stuff has been bought used , sold by people who dumped it cheap in order to upgrade to the latest toy so I can't complain, your obsolescence is my future
Apr 15, 2021, 11:07 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
I was wondering who was going to start this thread. Congrats

Subscribed.

ps

other than Jason Cole of course.
Apr 15, 2021, 11:20 AM
Just got back from the Best Buy in Farmers Branch, they only received 6 units. The batteries and RC are charging and hope to get a couple of flights in before the rain starts.
Apr 15, 2021, 11:34 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

OFFICIAL DJI *****Mavic Air 2S ***** Owners Thread.

V2 Goggles Support.

DJI have said please check back later for more info. This does not mean no but it’s not yes either.

In DJI language that means they are planning for support but that may or may not ever happen and that’s not to say there won’t be limitations.

The interesting thing is they are saying it’s O3 and it’s also compatible with the Smart Controller.
That implies O3 is simply SW over O2. It’s also likely an update is coming for the smart controller. Although if you look at the spec it says the remote is O2 for control and O3 for video. DJI is very much mixing these things up now.

As for my thoughts on the MA2S.

It’s a drone designed to cost $999, it’s been given feature and limited specs to specifically fit that price point.

It’s a great spec overall and it’s probably the best overall camera Drone DJI have made period. It’s packed with bits from everything they have done but not got all the bells like Variable aperture like on the M2P.

It’s nothing at all “new” in the sense of first time we have really seen it but overall for 99% of people it’s going to tick almost every box.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Apr 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM.
Apr 15, 2021, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGPS
With the Air 2s ? Where did you see that ?
I wouldn't bet my life on it but I am pretty sure they will be compatible soon.

Does DJI Air 2S support the DJI FPV Goggles series or the DJI Motion Controller?
For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates.
Apr 15, 2021, 12:10 PM
Registered Fanatic
Why are you calling it a Mavic Air 2S? I just see "DJI Air 2S", unless it is on the box?
Apr 15, 2021, 12:11 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

OFFICIAL DJI *****Mavic Air 2S ***** Owners Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMan
Why are you calling it a Mavic Air 2S? I just see "DJI Air 2S", unless it is on the box?

Because it is, just because DJI has decided to drop all of the names like Mavic, Osmo and others don’t mean we won’t refer to them for what it is.

It’s a Mavic like Prince was Prince when he became a symbol[emoji3]

Or for correct ness I suppose it should be

“The drone formally known as Mavic”
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Apr 15, 2021, 03:03 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Because it is, just because DJI has decided to drop all of the names like Mavic, Osmo and others don’t mean we won’t refer to them for what it is.

It’s a Mavic like Prince was Prince when he became a symbol[emoji3]

Or for correct ness I suppose it should be

“The drone formally known as Mavic”
I agree they did the same stupid thing with the Mavic Mini 2.
They want to just call it Mini 2. It’s a Mavic! So it’s a Mavic Mini2. That’s what I’m calling it.

But hey maybe DJI wanted to save ink on all those boxes LOL

Dave
Apr 15, 2021, 03:06 PM
Quote:
If they can get me SC compatibility...I will get it sooner than later But right now my P3P and M2Z are happy living together without a mé·nage à trois.
Looks like potato jet is using SC in his video already... skip to 7: 10
DJI Air 2S | 1-Inch Sensor + 5.4K + 10bit Color! Best Mavic Yet!? (18 min 59 sec)
Last edited by dragbikebam; Apr 15, 2021 at 04:02 PM.
Apr 15, 2021, 04:20 PM
Are we there yet ?
Quote:
If they can get me SC compatibility...I will get it sooner than later But right now my P3P and M2Z are happy living together without a mé·nage à trois.
Check this out.

DJI Air 2S + Smart Controller firmware V01.01.0040 is released (7 min 35 sec)
Apr 15, 2021, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGPS
That’s a nice surprise, didn’t expect that at all. Nice job DJI.
Apr 15, 2021, 04:47 PM
freelance videographer/DP
Great maiden flights just now, this thing is super refined. Really stable, no crabbing or anything weird, just ultra smooth. The zoom feature is sure fun but I’m guessing not useful for quality.
Big thumbs up on the aircraft from me, let’s hope the video quality is stellar as well.
Apr 15, 2021, 05:31 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
I am glad that DJI has made the Smartcontroller compatible with the MA2S. I am also glad that this drone has a fixed aperture. Because it hopefully means that:

- a new Mavic 3 Pro will be released.
- and the Smartcontroller will live through the OC3 era.
Last edited by Burger Thing; Apr 15, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
Apr 15, 2021, 06:28 PM
Noise compared to Air 2?

bob

Quick Reply