Apr 12, 2021, 08:56 PM
Trader Rating: 0
bayshorebrawler
Thread OP
Alert

No communication

Anybody had to deal with a user named Himple? I purchased a motor from him about a week and a half ago still has never gave the tracking # or the shipper, wont answer any calls or text messages. I originally posted looking for an engine an he replied with pictures good communication everything was fine. That is until i asked for a tracking # and the shipping method. I looked up his posting history and it said Suspended User . I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's growing slim. $570. slim i can dispute the charges BUT my occupation will force me to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law .I don't want this to happen to other fellow rc'ers on this site time to set an example on the scammers
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2021, 09:19 PM
Trader Rating: 88
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Apr 23, 2021 at 12:33 PM.
Apr 13, 2021, 11:37 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebrawler
$570. slim i can dispute the charges BUT my occupation will force me to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law .I don't want this to happen to other fellow rc'ers on this site time to set an example on the scammers
What? Cant try to dispute ? why? forced to prosecute? but not forced to use paypal gs which is the rule for stopping scammers?
Horrible you got scammed but the other stuff sounds silly
Apr 13, 2021, 11:38 AM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Apr 23, 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Apr 13, 2021, 04:18 PM
Trader Rating: 34
So..."BayShoreBrawler"...
You're assigned to the Fraud and Missing Persons agency at the F.B.I.
You got buggered out of some money on a toy airplane
forum and are just beside yourself as to what to do...
Apr 13, 2021, 05:02 PM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...09&postcount=2
Our member short of $570 evidently used a friends and family payment due to his silence,
and also posted his work number responding to another ad.
I Googled it and it's to a business that repairs stained glass.

How does that occupation compel him to do anything, besides make this thread more entertaining?
Apr 13, 2021, 06:25 PM
Trader Rating: 50
opc orn:: popcorn:opco rn: opcorn:
Apr 13, 2021, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI30BOB
opc orn:: popcorn:opco rn: opcorn:
Bob!
Stop it...you're cracking me up here!!
Apr 13, 2021, 06:55 PM
Trader Rating: 36
This thread is sad but all to typical here:
Newbie OP posts that he has been ripped off, but is short on details regarding the transaction.
A member or two posts a question or comment in an attempt to be helpful to him.
Crickets from the OP.
Thread goes off the rails.

Just a serious question though:
If you pay for goods by PayPal F&F with a credit card and not receive them, will the credit card company consider this to be a fraudulent transaction and refund you, or consider this to have been a willful gift on your part?
Apr 13, 2021, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaire
Newbie OP posts that he has been ripped off, but is short on details regarding the transaction.
Crickets from the OP.

If you pay for goods by PayPal F&F with a credit card and not receive them, will the credit card company consider this to be a fraudulent transaction and refund you, or consider this to have been a willful gift on your part?
Just like any conversation you or I have ever had with our buds at the flying field or
any other human on this planet...ever.
But wait...this is the internet...so, we must all be animatronics...right?
OK, you guys! straighten up or you'll get whacked right in the gigabyte!!
And I mean it!!!!
Apr 13, 2021, 07:28 PM
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMurf101
Just like any conversation you or I have ever had with our buds at the flying field or
any other human on this planet...ever.
But wait...this is the internet...so, we must all be animatronics...right?
OK, you guys! straighten up or you'll get whacked right in the gigabyte!!
And I mean it!!!!
Hey, I'm not complaining here, these threads can be a source of cheap entertainment.
At least with the poor sucker at the field you can offer him a good deal on some similar POS that you just happen have lying around - and then get him to pay for the beer too!
Apr 13, 2021, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Hey, I'm not complaining here, these threads can be a source of cheap entertainment.
At least with the poor sucker at the field you can offer him a good deal on some similar POS that you just happen have lying around - and then get him to pay for the beer too!
You had me at "beer"...
Cheers, Brother!!
rm
Apr 13, 2021, 08:36 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Crickets from the OP.

At this point I don't even see these as being ripped off. More like people who just sent large gifts to people. Should be considered insulting when some phishing scammer with zero credibility in the rc/trader community responds to your wanted ad, wanting gift payment. It does tick me off that our return scammer keeps coming back, because people insist on making it work for him, and pretty darn good at times. Guy's probably had at least a few $1000+ weeks here. He may take a few days off after those big scores, because he's so ##@!! ^ that he can't even manage his smart phone.

I'd have to imagine the CC company would not have the incentive to lose money, when a person sends someone a gift and then wants their money back. A gift's a gift right? Probably the same with any legal action. With all the things they have to do, I'd have to imagine going after people collecting gift payments, for buyers who were supposed to pay with goods and services, would be low on the priority list. There was no ad placed by the scammer also, which makes it even more obscure.

Quote:
Or you could go for the bigger $$ reel in, like our return scammer. Somehow I get the feeling he's buying a bit more than just beer!
Last edited by AntiArf; Apr 13, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
Apr 13, 2021, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
At this point I don't even see these as being ripped off. More like people who just sent large gifts to people. Should be considered insulting when some phishing scammer with zero credibility in the rc/trader community responds to your wanted ad, wanting gift payment. It does tick me off that our return scammer keeps coming back, because people insist on making it work for him, and pretty darn good at times. Guy's probably had at least a few $1000+ weeks here. He may take a few days off after those big scores, because he's so ##@!! ^ that he can't even manage his smart phone.

I'd have to imagine the CC company would not have the incentive to lose money, when a person sends someone a gift and then wants their money back. A gift's a gift right? Probably the same with any legal action. With all the things they have to do, I'd have to imagine going after people collecting gift payments, for buyers who were supposed to pay with goods and services, would be low on the priority list. There was no ad placed by the scammer also, which makes it even more obscure.
Seriously though, AntiArf...
If the fish were still biting...would you stop throwing bait?
Apr 13, 2021, 08:53 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMurf101
Seriously though, AntiArf...
If the fish were still biting...would you stop throwing bait?
That's the problem.

Quick Reply