Thread Tools
Apr 12, 2021, 02:27 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Tilt Rotor Quad in Need of Flight Control Software


Hi All,

I have a duel servo tilt-rotor kit that I would love to get up and flying.
I am trying to find some software or flight board that could be used for this thing.

I assume the company that I bought this thing from is now out of business as they don't
answer calls or emails so now I am stuck with a carbon-fiber paperweight.

So if anyone know if Beta flight or something like that will work for a 2 servo setup please let know.

Thanks so much
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2021, 03:17 PM
Registered User
dkemxr's Avatar
Is this one of those that rotates the front and rear arms just tilting them forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayOwner
Hi All,

I have a duel servo tilt-rotor kit that I would love to get up and flying.
I am trying to find some software or flight board that could be used for this thing.

I assume the company that I bought this thing from is now out of business as they don't
answer calls or emails so now I am stuck with a carbon-fiber paperweight.

So if anyone know if Beta flight or something like that will work for a 2 servo setup please let know.

Thanks so much
Apr 12, 2021, 08:56 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Yes.. its the Aimdroix Xray.
It tilts the front and rear engine using two servos.

I bought the DIY kit back in 2016 and did not realize I needed their special software.
Here in 2021 no one at their HQ is answering the phone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
Is this one of those that rotates the front and rear arms just tilting them forward?
Apr 13, 2021, 06:49 AM
Registered User
dkemxr's Avatar
I suppose you will have to mix the tilt servo’s yourself in your radio. But it should still fly with Arducopter, what I primarily use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayOwner
Yes.. its the Aimdroix Xray.
It tilts the front and rear engine using two servos.

I bought the DIY kit back in 2016 and did not realize I needed their special software.
Here in 2021 no one at their HQ is answering the phone.
Apr 13, 2021, 08:43 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
davidbitton's Avatar
I just messages the guy who created it. I'll let you know what he has to say.


UPDATE: do you have the original receipt from Aimdroix?
Last edited by davidbitton; Apr 13, 2021 at 08:49 AM.
Apr 13, 2021, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Thank you and Yes I have the Original Receipt and emails from Michael.
I really appreciate the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I just messages the guy who created it. I'll let you know what he has to say.


UPDATE: do you have the original receipt from Aimdroix?
Apr 19, 2021, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi,

I was wondering if you were able to get in contact with the Aimdroix?
It seems they have gone cold mic... sadly.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Software for Tilt Rotor Quad w/ Servo XrayOwner FPV Aircraft 3 May 21, 2021 05:08 AM
Discussion Collision avoidence capable Flight control software in development.. Ari33 Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Nov 05, 2015 04:23 PM
Discussion Quad tilt; can you control FF without traditional flight surfaces? Michael_Blue VTOLs 31 Mar 08, 2013 04:14 PM
Discussion QTD- Quad Tilt Duino (Arduino- Tilt Rotor) RCvertt VTOLs 100 Jun 28, 2012 12:15 AM
Question Quad control software - variable pitch rotors : Need help. outsider787 Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jun 08, 2010 07:09 AM