This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2021, 01:12 PM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum AS3X is Not an Autopilot

I see routing suggestions on RCG and FB that real model pilots don't need autopilots or gyros. While I think a lot of models can be flown without them, I don't see a problem with using them. AS3X provides gyro functions but it is not an autopilot. I think of it as being a simulation of actual pilot actions in an aircraft. If you watch some videos of pilots (check out the YouTube videos of Trent Palmer or Juan Browne's Blancolirio channel) you will see the pilots make continuous inputs to the controls. While it's been a long time since I have acted as PIC, I do remember that as you learn to fly and gain experience, you do just start responding to the effects of he atmosphere on the airplane automatically. That's what AS3X does, it replaces you subconscious actions since your are not in the plane to act.
Latest blog entry: Goodyear Blimp at Oshkosh
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply