https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348173

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2005, 07:57 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar
Hey Joe, Laine here. Go ahead and address the stuff to SGT Thomas Skinner. The address you posted is still the right one. I hope to be outta here Monday or Tuesday to get home to the family! Really looking forward to it.

Like Tom said, it has been really windy lately. Which sux for flying not to mention the constant dust everywhere and sand blowing around. It gets old quick. Like a 110 degree 2 week long sand storm these days. Oh well, could be worse! If it was cold and rainy I guess we would complain about that too. Its all good.

Thanks for everything guys,
Laine
Laine,
Gotcha. I hope this post finds you well on your way home. I have sent a PM to Myron to see where he is at on getting his stuff ready. I could afford to get only enough CF parts to build one mini3Dx. But I will include enough depron to build at least two. Hopefully, the CF parts will be reusable. I also had a "eureka" moment this weekend. I found a box that I handn't opened in some time. I opened it to find a used P45 ESC, a NIP P25 and two new P10's that I did not know I had. So, it looks like I will be able to include a brushless ESC to go with this little motor I built for you after all. Now all we need to do is get you some more lipoly packs.

Take care and enjoy your time off.

Joe
Jun 27, 2005, 09:09 AM
Wow Joe, That is just too cool! That is a lot of stuff too! Thank you once again for your generosity! It is greatly appreciated.

So, we went over 500 posts huh? Pretty cool. All because all of you want to help us have some fun over here. Thank you all!

Laine
Jun 27, 2005, 12:10 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperch
Now all we need to do is get you some more lipoly packs.
hehe! Mr.Laine, here is where i could help-want links to some places to get them cheap???

-Ashwin
Jun 27, 2005, 01:15 PM
Sure Ashwin, a couple links to cheap lipos never hurts. I have a little experience with CBP and am very happy with them.

Let me tell ya all about that quick. I asked Mike at Cheapbatterypacks.com when the KAN1050 cells would be back in stock. He recomended that I get the 8cell GP 1100mah instead. So, I told him what planes I had, and how much I could spend. He sent me a link so all I had to do was "check out" and I was done! Great service there! The downside, the wife got six 4 cell batts in the mail. Well, a quick email with Mike again and we found the mistake, mine and thiers. No big deal at all. The wife sent them back, but to get the 8 cells instead of 4 would, of course, cost more. I once again told Mike what I could afford. What I got in the mail, by my math anyway, is worth WAY more than the amount I paid.

So, I just want to say thanks to Mike at Cheap Battery Packs for the EXCELLENT service he gave to me and my family. I will do business there again thats for certain.

Laine
Jun 28, 2005, 06:21 AM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Sure Ashwin, a couple links to cheap lipos never hurts. I have a little experience with CBP and am very happy with them.

Let me tell ya all about that quick. I asked Mike at Cheapbatterypacks.com when the KAN1050 cells would be back in stock. He recomended that I get the 8cell GP 1100mah instead. So, I told him what planes I had, and how much I could spend. He sent me a link so all I had to do was "check out" and I was done! Great service there! The downside, the wife got six 4 cell batts in the mail. Well, a quick email with Mike again and we found the mistake, mine and thiers. No big deal at all. The wife sent them back, but to get the 8 cells instead of 4 would, of course, cost more. I once again told Mike what I could afford. What I got in the mail, by my math anyway, is worth WAY more than the amount I paid.

So, I just want to say thanks to Mike at Cheap Battery Packs for the EXCELLENT service he gave to me and my family. I will do business there again thats for certain.

Laine
Great!! nice person anyway what size Lipos are you looking for? B-p-p has a 15% off sale on all products above 20$ and free ship

-Ashwin
Jun 28, 2005, 12:35 PM
Flying motor mount master
Double cheeseburger parts on the way!!!

fb
Jun 28, 2005, 12:38 PM
Hi Laine and Friends,

your new baby and some goody's are on the way, finally..... TODAY !!

it got some problems and it wasnt easy to spread some fun out in the world.

first, the ebayer didnt send it .
after 14 days of waiting it finaly got in .

second my friends from the us army here in germany did not have the time to support as mentioned.

third, i was not aible to send to an apo adress hre in germany. a german cityzen (me) can't send stuff via german post to apo's ??? didnt know that !!

fourth,i did ask my friends for help with a geman postal adress of the base or the base of rammstein. but both of my fellows are bussy and i did not get an response and i am 250 miles away from them.

today i dicided by my self, to send it airmail to florida to my office and my girlfriend will send it to your apo in iraq, to Thomas Skinner.

it goas via bonn germany to jacksonville florida to Iraq

i think that is the best way , if you will get it before you are all retired

hope it will surwife the long journey, if not use your CA glue
it will go 10 to 14 days to jacksonville and i think 10 more to your apo in iraq.
laine... i think it will be there when you are back in iraq.
have a good trip home and have some fun with your wife and kits.

cheers
michael

here is something for your anticipation
Jun 29, 2005, 09:15 AM
WoW Easystern, thats alot of work, We cant thank you enough, I cant wait to get my hands on that thing. I dont know if you read the earlier post but I have ordered a ES for me and my son to fly when I go home. Itll be nice to get some experience on one before I get there. Thanks alot I am very excited for your package to get here!!!
Jun 29, 2005, 12:06 PM
Hey Vanning Chris here I just got in from Kuwait, Had to run a mission down there (Long trip) Iam running CH34 so i havent been abile to check this in a few days. internet is about to change hands AGAIN so i mite be without for a few days. Dont know yet. But Iam looking forward to getting it in the air. hope i will have time before my leave starts (23rd this mounth) he he he.
Thank you Mike for everything i will check back in a day or so to see if you need anything else.
Thanks Chris
Jun 30, 2005, 06:13 PM
Quote:
WoW Easystern, thats alot of work, We cant thank you enough, I cant wait to get my hands on that thing. I dont know if you read the earlier post but I have ordered a ES for me and my son to fly when I go home. Itll be nice to get some experience on one before I get there. Thanks alot I am very excited for your package to get here!!!

hope it will make this trip save and without damage, i wraped an aditional box around to make it more save.
for me it was the best beginner plane what i flew , it's a real easy .

on 4 th of july i will be at your base here in heidelberg phv to paticipate on the big party and i will drink a coors lite on us army cost thats fore sure
some friends are mp at the base and sonic stang and saleen(me) from the mightymustang board can join the party with our stangs.that will be fun when they fire the big howitzer guns to make some noise

have fun with the easy star
michael
Jul 02, 2005, 12:48 AM
vanning i got the package yesterday started building the shocky last night its going to be awsome i had a few ? for yea with a 4 CH RX how do you hook up the rudder and battery do that go on the same one? I have never had any Elc. planes so Iam going to be asking you guys alot of ?'s Thanks so much for the planes we are going to have alot of fun with them. Thanks Chris
Last edited by cdmc0125; Jul 02, 2005 at 03:36 AM.
Jul 02, 2005, 02:53 PM
WAA pilot #21
Hey Chris,
Good timing - i just got back from vacation a few hours ago. Trying to catch up on my 'reading' without ticking off the wife whos busy cleaning the house...
anyway, the battery connects to the electronic speed control. The speedo is then plugged into the receiver where it both recieves its commands (from the white wire) and provides power to the rx and other servos from the red & black wires.
Plugging 8.4v directly into the rx will fry it. The speedo steps it down to 5v.

LMK if any other questions.
Oh, one more thing - i dont remember what did & did not have deans connectors. I threw in a couple packages of deans so you could standardize everything, but you'll hafta do some soldering. No biggie - but i hope you have a soldering iron!
Jul 03, 2005, 01:54 AM
I thank the guys in the motor pool have a soldering iron. I will get it hooked up thanks for the info i will be asking alot more questions. Hope yea guys dont mind. I fill so dum when it comes to Elec.
Thanks Chris
Jul 03, 2005, 10:28 AM
WAA pilot #21
sure thing. And keep those guys at the motorpool well-greased...You'll be amazed at all the stuff they have that will come in handy.

Quick Reply