Team Horizon Heli Tutorial - Ethan Ater - Learning the basics of Orientation

Blade Helicopters and Team Horizon Hobby Heli Pilot Ethan Ater got together to start a video series to help out new pilots. The first video which I'll post below will help you learn the basics of Hovering and keeping your orientation.

Splash

Learning the Basics of Orientation

Stabilization technology has come a long way since I started flying RC helicopters. There was no such thing as self leveling back then and you had to be a really good pilot to not stuff your heli in the ground within a few seconds. Fast forward to today and we have helicopters that can basically fly themselves, giving you more time to learn the controls and allowing you to learn how to fly in a much shorter time than it used to take.

It can still be daunting though if you are brand new to rc helis so Blade Helicopters and Team Horizon Hobby Heli Pilot Ethan Ater got together to start a video series to help out new pilots. The first video which I'll post below will help you learn the basics of Hovering and keeping your orientation.

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Apr 21, 2021 at 12:15 PM..
Apr 10, 2021, 11:48 AM
Nice video. Flying helis is hard and I've tried several times, but it's just so different than airplanes where I'm used to flying with one stick not both. I get easily disoriented with helis.
Apr 11, 2021, 10:17 AM
AeroDan
GREAT video!!! Nice Flying Site, too!!!!! Now I want an MCPX BL2 to give my MCP S a helipad-mate!!!

Quick Reply