Apr 07, 2021, 09:29 PM
Harold
Thread OP
Discussion

Losi lst2 xxl center drive shaft fix

If you have a lst, lst2,, or lst2 xxl,, then you know the problem with the center cvds, all I've seen have the dog bone side barely in the cup, well I might have a remedy for it,, I went to my local hardware store looking and found 1/4 X 1 1/2 tension pine or as we call it a role key, so I picked up 2 for 2.56, as much as I did not want to I cut my cvds I did , I used a old home bilt dremel press I built, I had to round the end of the cut shafts about 1 to 2 mm so it would start and pushed the shaft in, wala no more cvds jumping out of the cup,, I'll weld them up tomorrow, they are pretty strait and don't rub so I'm going to call it a win.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2021, 12:42 AM
I never had that problem. Yes, they were always barely in the cup, but it never was an issue for me. The main thing with the center CVDs was the need to locktite the cups.. I remember that being an issue.

Best nitro MTs ever made...

LST2 Silbersee April 09 0001 Version 4 (3 min 9 sec)
Apr 21, 2021, 01:01 AM
Harold
Thread OP
The problem I was having was ware, when I got it the cup and dog bone had ware on them, there is a little track here make a jump or aselerate hard, the dog bones would spin in the cup or pop out, even bashing around at the house would cause it to have problems,no more problems know tho, I have the brace on order some how that got broke
Apr 21, 2021, 05:45 AM
GloBroz PowerLab
There’s your problem, bud. Broken chassis brace and possible grub screw loosening/slippage will cause the center shafts to come out. The grub screws on the transmission MUST be Locktited and the chassis brace is often upgraded for the option part that is machined from billet instead of the stock cast item. I run the stock cast ones because I have never broken one, but I do have a machined/hard anodized one as a spare.

I’ve run LST2 trucks for over 10 years. An old friend called them “Stupidly Overbuilt”. I agree. They are pretty tough, and can actually go pretty fast with the right setup (mine are capable of 47mph in basically stock gearing).

Quick Reply