Apr 06, 2021, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Hobbyfans BL Motor and ESC setup

Hi,

I'm new to RC so I wanted to start out with something inexpensive. I bought an FTX Zorro Brushed truck. I wanted to change to a brushless motor as soon as possible and I found one on amazon for a good price. It's a Hobbyfans 4300kv 3650 brushless with a 60a esc.

I've fitted the motor in and got the hardware sorted. But that's where I've not been able to get much further from. The instructions are poor at best. I finally managed to stop the ESC constantly beeping at me by adjusting the throttle trim on the transmitter. The motor was running the wrong way so I swapped that over on the transmitter too.

Now the motor runs when the wheels are off the ground, but if there's any resistance, such as running it on the floor, it stutters and will only move with a little help, at which point even on full throttle it's incredibly slow. I'm pretty sure this is a throttle position setup issue, but I don't know how to overcome the problem. Does anyone have any experience with this motor and the set up? There isn't a button on it like I've seen on many ESC setup videos on YouTube. I'm not sure if I need to use a programme card to set it up, but I really am confused by it all now and could really use some advice and help.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply