Apr 23, 2021, 11:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdman
Looking forward to checking it out. Have fun!
My gut feeling is you made the right choice No word yet either.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2021, 11:59 AM
Mario Perner
first warm day of the year
Apr 24, 2021, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish
first warm day of the year
Nice pics Mario. Got to put the plane through its paces in medium lift inland conditions and it flew very well and was pretty fast. So far so good! Its more of a grippy plane through the turns. Does well in all turn styles.
Apr 30, 2021, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
So I printed up some ballast spacers (still printing as I am writing) and it turns out there is only room for 7 pieces in rear compartment, so technically you can load up to 70 oz for a total of about 150oz just using rear compartment. Plenty!
May 16, 2021, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
So I ran my first race with Vantage and it flew very well on an inland site. I set the second fastest time of the day. I may have actually won if I didnt have two monstrous cuts in great air (one with two extra laps) but I still placed 3rd. I still need to update my setup. I think my ailerons are a little hot and need to be toned down a little. I also may dial in more aileron differential.

The big plus is the Vantage seems to be very grippy and can turn harder or as hard as anything out there.

One negative is the plane is silent so there are no auditory sensations to how fast the plane is actually going.

Overall very good first outing with the Vantage.

Some people were joking that there is enough room to add the AD on the other wing to properly spell Advantage
May 17, 2021, 05:37 AM
“One negative is the plane is silent so there are no auditory sensations to how fast the plane is actually going”

Some confuse silence with “going slow”. Not true. If you have cleaned up the airframe and all the surfaces then it should be quite. All noise is an indicator of drag. Read the time slip. That’s what’s important.
May 17, 2021, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutmi58
“One negative is the plane is silent so there are no auditory sensations to how fast the plane is actually going”

Some confuse silence with “going slow”. Not true. If you have cleaned up the airframe and all the surfaces then it should be quite. All noise is an indicator of drag. Read the time slip. That’s what’s important.
This is true, but when flying by yourself its really easy to know when the plane is on step the fs6 makes a nice noise, it is more of a minor quibble or observation.
Jun 08, 2021, 04:24 PM
2 videos flying my Vantage from CCM

First in small conditions with some gain of altitude:

Flying the Vantage from CCM in small conditions (4 min 57 sec)

Second, in good conditions, with around 9 to 10m/s of wind and a flying weight at 3.1kg:

Vantage CCM in 9 to 10m/s (2 min 37 sec)

Superb kit quality from CCM, and efficient aerodynamic design from Mario !

Pierre
Jun 09, 2021, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Very nice videos Pierre! I think the first video shows what it is meant for!
Last edited by funkyfreestyler; Jun 09, 2021 at 12:13 AM.
Jun 09, 2021, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfreestyler
I think the first video shows what it is meant for!
Fully agree !
But the second video show also that the Vantage can be competitive in other conditions too !
Jun 09, 2021, 04:40 AM
Thread OP
Beautiful pics and also some very nice flying with different flying styles. Also what a beautiful flying site in that first video!

Quick Reply