Apr 06, 2021, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Price increase, buy now

From motion rc:

"May 15, 2021 - Freewing and Flightline Price Increase
For reasons outlined below, Motion RC will be forced to raise the retail price of all Freewing and Flightline planes an average of 10% on May 15, 2021. We did not take this decision lightly and we worked with every supplier in the chain in order to mitigate this price increase as much as possible. The Price increase is due to the following factors:

Ocean freight costs have doubled in the last 6 months. It now costs Motion RC twice as much to get planes and parts from the factory to our global fulfillment centers.
FedEx and UPS continue to raise prices and charge extra fees. It costs Motion RC significantly more to get items to our loyal customers.
The US dollar has lost a significant amount of purchasing power internationally. The dollar weakness and subsequent exchange rate has caused the prices of everything purchased overseas to increase.
The cost of raw materials and labor to make these planes have increased significantly.
All of the above contributed to this price increase coming May 15, 2021. We will continue to keep tabs on the situation and do everything we can to mitigate future increases. While the average increase will be 10%, some planes will go up more and some will go up less. "
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2021, 01:05 PM
Sweggershot
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while Sweggershot edits it.
Apr 06, 2021, 01:44 PM
Still Screamin'!
Not the place sorry
Last edited by rvincent; Apr 06, 2021 at 04:56 PM.
Apr 06, 2021, 01:46 PM
Still Screamin'!
Model fuels going up at insane rates and prices too!
Last edited by rvincent; Apr 06, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
Apr 06, 2021, 02:30 PM
Depending on the model your talking a difference $30-$60+ very significant increase. The way I look at this regardless if MRC costs go down, the prices will not and for that reason I'd purchase now if your able.
Apr 06, 2021, 02:34 PM
Still Screamin'!
Use your "FREE" stimulus money LOL!
Apr 06, 2021, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Someone definitely has “issues”
Apr 06, 2021, 04:31 PM
He also clearly didn't read the announcement. The current administration hasn't been in office for 6 months and has no control over material and labor costs in foreign countries.
Apr 06, 2021, 04:35 PM
Still Screamin'!
Yeah I did..... Do your math 6 months ago was November Guess what happened in November.... Wear blinders, blame the last guy but make no mistake this is just the start of what is coming.

Anyway, this is unfortunate and this is not the place so I apologize for the rant
Apr 06, 2021, 04:46 PM
Site Aspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Yeah I did..... Do your math 6 months ago was November Guess what happened in November.... Wear blinders, blame the last guy but make no mistake this is just the start of what is coming.

Anyway, this is unfortunate and this is not the place so I apologize for the rant
Would you like me to look up if you have ever blamed "the last guy"?
Latest blog entry: EL-39 compilation video
Apr 06, 2021, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Sorry, but no.

1. I didn't blame the last guy, or the current guy. The price increases are primarily a result of changes in global shipping and material availability resulting from the pandemic, and a steadily weakening dollar as the rest of the world's economies start to recover from the pandemic shutdowns, which results in apparent increases in the cost of foreign materials and labor (after exchanging those for US dollars - https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter...rom=USD&To=CNY ), as well as internal cost of labor increases in China ( https://tradingeconomics.com/china/labour-costs ). The price increases aren't the fault of any administration. (Yes, believe it or not, there are things that happen because of influences other than US politics.)

2. The last guy was in power through Jan. 20. You'll also notice in the above graphs the changes start well before the election.
Apr 06, 2021, 04:48 PM
Still Screamin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
Would you like me to look up if you have ever blamed "the last guy"?
Not sure what you mean, but I never blamed the last guy? Now the guy before him..........
Apr 06, 2021, 04:49 PM
Still Screamin'!
Not the place sorry
Last edited by rvincent; Apr 06, 2021 at 04:54 PM.
Apr 06, 2021, 04:51 PM
Site Aspie
Never mind.
Last edited by Lynxman; Apr 06, 2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Changed post
Apr 06, 2021, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
Wow, all this from a price increase announcement, as if this is the first time anything has gone up in price
Who do I blame for my cup of coffee not costing a dime anymore?

Quick Reply