Apr 08, 2021, 12:13 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
It always surprises me when watching "pros" at big scale contest botching landings so badly. So many excellent builders are such awful pilots and/or have stage fright in front of many spectators.
Another factor may be overweight scale models and higher stall speeds. Then there's "retracts" that don't where one or both don't "un-retract".
You're so right, a really good flight can be spoiled in your mind by a bad landing. Some of the problem is not considering how the actual aircraft lands. Many heavy aircraft fly through the landing, not really stalling.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2021, 04:10 PM
Retired USAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
You're so right, a really good flight can be spoiled in your mind by a bad landing. Some of the problem is not considering how the actual aircraft lands. Many heavy aircraft fly through the landing, not really stalling.
Yes, itís what I mentioned in the linked thread. The best Acro in the world will not be remembered and will be for naught if you have to walk out and pick up all the pieces after a botched landing.
Apr 08, 2021, 04:15 PM
Hover landing...
10 13 2014 Low flat spins with Hover Landing with VA (3 min 5 sec)
Apr 08, 2021, 07:07 PM
You need a windy day and a lightly wing loaded airplane but it's lots of fun.
SSX Landing in the wind (0 min 22 sec)
Apr 09, 2021, 06:13 AM
Beach Bum
Anything can plunk a landing with enough wind
EDF STOL

FILE0030 (0 min 50 sec)
Apr 09, 2021, 08:31 AM
San Antonio TX.
Wind is just all kinds of fun .

My Mamba. 10 (4 min 12 sec)

Bob

Quick Reply