Apr 07, 2021, 10:47 AM
100% electric since 1990
Every spring, I contemplate replacing my laser exp v1, which is about 6 years old, has raggy, patched covering, repaired landing gear mounts, etc., etc.

But too late, because I brought it out to the field and flew it, and she fly's fine, so good for another year (unless I crash it).

So do I get a second 60" 3d plane, or finally replace the laser???

PS if you haven't seen the full-scale NG, it really is a new generation of aircraft, not just an updated extra. And is really beautiful.

https://www.extraaircraft.com/NG.php
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2021, 01:12 PM
SM3
SM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twest
Every spring, I contemplate replacing my laser exp v1, which is about 6 years old, has raggy, patched covering, repaired landing gear mounts, etc., etc.

But too late, because I brought it out to the field and flew it, and she fly's fine, so good for another year (unless I crash it).

So do I get a second 60" 3d plane, or finally replace the laser???

PS if you haven't seen the full-scale NG, it really is a new generation of aircraft, not just an updated extra. And is really beautiful.

https://www.extraaircraft.com/NG.php

Well, If I was you I would definitely get one now because the Ng's will sell out soon.
Apr 07, 2021, 01:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
If it weren't for the fact that Extras and I just do not get along (just a different flying style or lack there of), I would buy one of these as it is really a beautiful model EF has really upped their game with this one!!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Apr 07, 2021, 01:54 PM
The full scale website shows photos of the pilot in back and the instrument panel protruding in front but without a passenger and this floats my boat. I really like this. And Steve, as for me and Extras not getting along, don't be silly. This is a lovely aircraft, and the model will be typical EF, what's not to like? Life's faaaaar too short to limit yourself. Hardest thing for me will be deciding between my DS110 servos and their DS160 cousins.
Apr 07, 2021, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeech
Hardest thing for me will be deciding between my DS110 servos and their DS160 cousins.
That is something I've been trying to decide on ever since last October when I saw this plane fly!
Apr 07, 2021, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
If it weren't for the fact that Extras and I just do not get along (just a different flying style or lack there of), I would buy one of these as it is really a beautiful model EF has really upped their game with this one!!!

SteveT.
I really wish you could fly one of my Extras that is really dialed in. I bet it would change your mind.
Apr 07, 2021, 02:26 PM
3D Addict
Quote:

SteveT.
This doesn't look like your father's extra .... the LE looks a lot straighter and the fuse has a bunch of volume and side area with the canopy more forward, kind of like a Gamebird. I bet she flies real nice says that little leprachaun sitting on my shoulder.
Apr 07, 2021, 02:29 PM
It probably would Chris, I have just never had good luck with the previous Extras I have had (except for the 3DHS 57").

SteveT.
Apr 07, 2021, 02:31 PM
I am not a robot
I watched the team hot-dogs fly this sweet plane down in Tullahoma. It really performs. The Red/Silver/Black color scheme is just...well...Extra sharp. Looks fantastic in the air.
Apr 07, 2021, 03:36 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
It probably would Chris, I have just never had good luck with the previous Extras I have had (except for the 3DHS 57").

SteveT.
That's why you want a Velox........ blood and guts old school rock and roll 3DHS fly low plane all the way, and the Gamebird too.
Apr 07, 2021, 05:07 PM
Quote:

SteveT.
I love the look of the Silver and Black one for sure. Pure awesome. The only Extra I've ever flown is in RF though and we didn't get along. I seem to have a preference for shorter coupled planes, but I'm new, so don't know what I don't know just yet.
Apr 07, 2021, 05:09 PM
You really can't go by the planes in Real Flight, the physics are not the same. There are some that can be edited to be fairly close, but none fly like actual EF planes.

As to your last statement, I am 70 years old and still don't!!

SteveT.
Apr 07, 2021, 05:48 PM
No dear, I've always had that
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeech
The full scale website shows photos of the pilot in back and the instrument panel protruding in front but without a passenger and this floats my boat. I really like this. And Steve, as for me and Extras not getting along, don't be silly. This is a lovely aircraft, and the model will be typical EF, what's not to like? Life's faaaaar too short to limit yourself. Hardest thing for me will be deciding between my DS110 servos and their DS160 cousins.
160s, no question. I put the 205s in my EF Laser 60 and they seem like overkill, lol. I have 160s in another 60" and they seem just right.
Apr 07, 2021, 06:21 PM
SM3
SM3
Quote:
You really can't go by the planes in Real Flight, the physics are not the same. There are some that can be edited to be fairly close, but none fly like actual EF planes.

As to your last statement, I am 70 years old and still don't!!

SteveT.
1+ that. I downloaded the 60 size MXS and it flew like it was on rails. It definitely doesn't match the feel of the real one.
Apr 07, 2021, 06:29 PM
SM3
SM3
I'm also going to use my HS-5245MG's that were on the MXS onto the NG.

Quick Reply