This thread is privately moderated by EndoDuskin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2021, 09:00 AM
Handlebar flipper
Thread OP
Discussion

Weather finally clear! Got out yesterday for a couple hours

The past month and a half here in Nashville have been really cold and windy, and it seems like every stormy day corresponds with my days off work. So all my preparations to get outside have been thwarted on my days off by 30 degree weather, rain and floods and thunderstorms.

But finally, yesterday the sun was out, the wind was gone, and the temperature was a perfect 65 degrees. WHat a wonderful day! Wifey and me spent the first half of the day in the garden building a raised bed and preparing her a wildflower project on our front lawn. What this looked like was mostly me digging hard with our shovel, and she chasing around our new 'indoor/outdoor' cat, Eddie, who she rescued from a fleabag existence a couple months ago when she caught him in a feral trap, got him to the vet for neuter and vaccines, and home to recuperate. The irony is that he's the nicest cat we've ever seen. He'll sit on her belly for hours and let her fondle him, rub, pet, roll, pick, play, and pretty much be a mute teddy bear, so she loves him for his compliance. She's decided he can go outdoors but she keeps a close eye on him and has to run and grab him when he threatens to cross the street or wander too far from our yard.

So around 2pm we've finished, I've dug about 20 square feet of sod off our lawn to create the new raised bed prep, and we've transplanted and seeded our new garden. I'll find tomorrow morning that my body will be stiff as a board, but for now I'm free to play!

Goblin 420 maiden flight 2 (4 min 28 sec)

I took my Oxy 4 Max that I put together last winter, along with my older Oxy 4 stretch, and my Oxy 3 tri-blade and headed to the soccer fields. I also brought along my field charger.

Spent 2 hours flying and tuning the three helis with the brand new transmitter I got recently, a white VBar Control touch. Amazing! Why did I not just get one of these to begin with? Definitely this transmitter is top of the line. It's so easy, just literally turn the helicopter ON and the transmitter powers up and binds again. Since I have a couple mini-VBars but only one VBar receiver, I have to swap the receiver from one to the other, but that's not a big deal. And I can adjust everything directly from the transmitter. It's great! Just need to remember to bring the ESC adapter next time (Or get a Scorpion for total integration perhaps) ...

Will upload some videos next time I get out, but this time I didn't have inclination to make any, strange.
Last edited by EndoDuskin; Apr 05, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply