This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 01, 2021, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tech 1000 DLG @ the sink hole

Tech 1000 DLG and the sink hole (12 min 8 sec)

It has been over a year since I flew the tech 1000 DLG .
At the time I was wondering why it flew so fast and why it come down so fast . Ok @ 199 grams it's heavy for a 1 meter DLG .
Some investigation showed that the angle of attack of the wing to centre line was in the negative .
This would explain why the T1000 was flying fast and why I had problems slowing it down .
It looks to me , like this is how the model was intended to be . Now in a situation such as - A slope ! With lots of lift .. This could be ideal !
But as a pure DLG , me ( Me ) thinks not . I will say here and now that the T1000 is probably an excellent slope glider .

Anyways , I put in some positive angle of attack . But over a year later ! And I finally get a chance to test it out .

A) Still tends to fall out of the sky ( 199 grams )
B) Took some effort to re tune .
C) Might need to tweak that CG , getting the T1000 to cruise is not easy . CG might be to far forward ?
D) T1000 will most likely never be a good DLG
E) But hey ! It glides much slower now . Just no hang time !
F) At 93 grams , my Elf is half as heavy .
G) Oh - the pain ! It's been such a long time since I did DLG and it hurt like a SOB . My whole body was a Ouchie ! This was a few days ago and it still hurts .
Do we hate getting old ?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply