This thread is privately moderated by Nickerz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2021, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Bought A Rx w/X-Port For Hobbyzone Super Cub Today...

***NOTE***
This project was/is going to be for building a Super Cub but afterwards, I ended up finding a NIB DSM RTF kit which has this receiver!!! Click here... for that thread. Since I can't merge this thread into that other one without messing up the date/time stamp of the posts, I'll keep both threads for now.

Today I bought a new receiver (Rx) from eBay for a Hobbyzone Super Cub project! Total paid was...

$45.00 (Receiver - Part #: HBZ7357)
$FREE (Shipping)
$3.59 (Tax)
$48.59 (Grand Total)

I'll come back to this thread with more details later. I own the Hobbyzone Supercub S w/SAFE (HBZ8180B) which is the BNF version but I want to either swap the receiver out with this new one that I bought today because it has the X-Port built into the receiver which lets you plug in various modules (i.e., Aerial Drop Module, Sonic Combat Module or the Night Flite Module)! So either I'll swap receivers or I may keep mine original w/SAFE (since it's discontinued) and simply buy all the parts for a new Super Cub (see this post for part #'s from another blog here...)

More details to come...

Here are some pics of the accessories I can use with this Rx...
1. Aerial Drop Module (which includes Parachute Jumper &
2. Sonic Combat Module
3. Parachute Jumper & Streamer Bombs (included w/Aerial Drop Module but I have a spares of each!!!)

Last edited by Nickerz; Aug 26, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2021, 09:22 PM
Thread OP

Bought Night Flight Module For Hobbyzone Super Cub Today...

Today I bought a new Night Flight Module from Amazon for my Hobbyzone Super Cub project! Total paid was...

$14.14 (Night Flight Module - Part #: HBZ3510)
$3.99 (Shipping)
$2.12 (Promo Applied)
$1.28 (Tax)
$17.29 (Grand Total)

...this is Part #: HBZ3510 and I didn't know this module existed for the X-port until I was looking at some eBay listings with a parts bin for the Super Cub. He wanted to sell the entire lot of parts together but I found another one on eBay but then after shipping it cost more. Amazon was the cheapest! Also, Amazon offered $2.12 promo discount which was nice!

Here are the specs off the Horizon & Specktrum websites...
KEY FEATURES
Attaches in seconds
Transmitter activated
Four different light settings
Works with X-Port enabled HobbyZone and ParkZone planes

OVERVIEW
Illuminate your X-Port equipped airplane with super-bright LED lights. Compatible with the HobbyZone Firebird Commander, Aerobird Challenger (w/optional white tail and wings) and ParkZone Slo-V.

Here's a screenshot. I'll post updated pics of the box once I receive it...
Last edited by Nickerz; May 09, 2021 at 01:32 AM.
Apr 07, 2021, 05:51 PM
Thread OP

Rx w/SAFE Port Was Delivered Sat. 4/3...

Both of these were delivered this last Saturday but I didn't get around to opening them until today. So the Rx will be for my 2nd Super Cub that I'll either buy using the parts or if I can find a NIB one of the DSM-Blue version, I'll maybe do that too but buying the parts will be cheaper. And now with the Night Flite Module, I have all the modules (I think) for the X-port receiver which I can also use with my Parkzone T-28 Trojan (older 2007 version that came with the X-port in the FM Rx).

Enjoy the pics below...

Last edited by Nickerz; Apr 07, 2021 at 07:13 PM.
Jul 08, 2021, 04:44 PM
Thread OP

Bought Spare X-Port Modules (Aerial Drop, Sonic Combat & Night Flight)...

I'll update this later when I get more time...

These are all spares since I'll be getting my EZ-XPORT soon!

I got the Sonic Combat Module from Amazon w/free shipping and the Aerial Drop Module & Night Flight Module was from GravesRC.com but see the update below...

I also bought the Aerial Drop Module & Night Flight Module but I got this from GravesRC.com - again see update below...

Doing it this way initially saved me another $4.22 since Amazon had one of the modules I was looking for and w/free shipping and the shipping from GravesRC.com (and they gouge you on shipping costs btw) so shipping was less for 2 items instead of 3. Otherwise if I bought all 3 from GravesRC.com grand total would have been $63.17 vs. $58.95 doing it this way but see update below...

***UPDATE***
(ALERT-buyer beware using GravesRC.com as my debit card info was stolen 2 days later and I never use this card but I used it for this purchase. I later called and spoke to the owner about it and she said they shred all the credit card info they print out but she hasn't shredded it yet!? Uhhh, not sure if this is even PCI compliant but I'll never buy from them again as they don't seem to have a clue on how to protect sensitive info!!! )

Amazon sent me an email saying my order for the Sonic Combat Module is cancelled (out of stock) so yesterday 7/14, I found it on eBay NIB & sealed being auctioned for only $11 + free shipping and I won the auction today on 7/15/21! It was even less, $11.42 w/tax so I saved a little more and my new total for all 3 modules is now $56.80!
Last edited by Nickerz; Jul 22, 2021 at 09:38 PM.
Jul 22, 2021, 09:48 PM
Thread OP

My X-Port Modules Were Delivered...

2 of the 3 (Aerial Drop Module & Night Flite Module) were delivered last week and the Sonic Combat Module was delivered today. So I now have backups of all 3 and am looking forward to testing them out using EZ-XPORT Module which allows you to use all the HobbyZone Modules with ANY receiver! Click on the following link for more details on the EZ-XPORT Module...

Here are some pics of the HobbyZone Modules and I'll be sure to update my Blog with them in action!

Here are 2 of the 3 spare modules I got so far from GravesRC.com (but again, I won't ever buy from them again-not safe at all!)...

Here's the Sonic Combat Module...

Here are all 3 modules...

Last edited by Nickerz; Jul 23, 2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply