Jun 11, 2021, 05:24 AM
Just fired my new unit up on the build bench. It is somewhat similar in function and look of the earlier models osd. Some differences to the earlier sn-l are as follows.
There are three aux ports totally configurable for various rc control surface options. There is an option for twin motor differential to aid in turning.
The unit can communicate via Mavlink and to a DJ eye digital tx according to manual.
The osd display now has the throttle level displayed near top LHS. All other elements are located on the screen similar to the earlier model.
Looks great so far, will fit to a spare model soon.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2021, 08:50 AM
Hi Led

Any video?
Thanks

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G970F eszközömről
Jun 12, 2021, 06:24 PM
Still on the bench at present, fitting to an IB Crazy wing that originally fitted with a Cyclops FC.
Static testing show it to be very similar to the earlier SN-L model 1 units. RC config is different and the unit has three configurable Aux ports for multi surfaced models. I don't,t normally do vids but will report in a few days how it goes in the air.
I expect it will be as good as my three previous model ones.
Cheers
Jun 12, 2021, 11:22 PM
Thanks

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G970F eszközömről
Jun 18, 2021, 10:04 PM

Lefeirc SNL plus model trial flight.

Today I was able to trial my two new SNL plus flight controllers. One was fitted to a Zeno wing and the other to a Ranger 2000 model. The zeno launched in fixed direction and height mode, just ran a few paces and motor auto fired up and tossed to the sky. Flight was perfect in all modes tried, RTH was perfect with height maintained and direction home very straight. 10 out of ten for this first trial flight. Second model tested was a Ranger 2 meter wing model. Once again flight was excellent and all modes worked very well. I was very happy with these new model SNL flight controllers. I find them easy to set up and with conservative initial settings gave excellent flight control. Some pics attached of the two models fitted with the new SNL plus flight controllers. Happy fpving.
Jun 21, 2021, 04:06 AM
Just an update, i have tested the SN-L plus model with the following receivers and found they all work fine with this flight controller.
Spektrum, Dragon link, Immersion 433 MHz, Arkbird 433 MHz, Taranis L9R. All either in ppm mode or sbus.
Jul 04, 2021, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone, I acquired the SN-L OSD last year, great product by the way, and would like to switch to the SN-L + because of the DJI air unit compatibility feature (as I also would like to get HD video feed).
My question is : Is the SN-L + (as the SN-NAVI) able to output the OSD informations through the DJI air unit into the DJI goggles ? I was wondering because I only stick to analogue as I don't like the betaflight OSD ^^

Thank you
Jul 04, 2021, 06:56 PM
Have a look at the instruction manual posted earlier at post number 7 it shows how to configure for DJ eye tx video and osd input.
Jul 05, 2021, 12:40 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply but I've kinda already looked in the instruction manual, and as I was told that an analog signal was incompatible with a numerical/digital transmission, I thought it would never change except with a dedicated converter :/ So I just want to be sure before purchasing the whole gear ^^ Thanks again
Jul 05, 2021, 08:23 PM
The osd is a digital not analogue system. When using the tx out wire( white one) the osd information is a digital stream of data that the video tx can interpret. However there is a digital conversion of your analogue camera image that occurred as part of the pixel level osd in the sn- l plus controller. Therefore analogue camera image is converted to a digital stream that the DJ eye tx can understand. This pixel level conversion has been discussed a few times and sets the sn- l s apart from the crowd. Happy flying
Jul 06, 2021, 11:47 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by led lighter
Here is the instruction manual.
Has anyone tested this with DJI/ air unit? I am ever so curious what osd elements are displayed, whether the same as analogue or otherwise reduced, and if the onboard air unit recording is devoid or includes the osd info.
I'll hold off until I know this, but my buy button is begging to be abused...
Jul 08, 2021, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
Has anyone tested this with DJI/ air unit? I am ever so curious what osd elements are displayed, whether the same as analogue or otherwise reduced, and if the onboard air unit recording is devoid or includes the osd info.
I'll hold off until I know this, but my buy button is begging to be abused...
No-one?
Jul 08, 2021, 09:13 PM
I just had a look at banggood, albeit on my phone. Without reading glasses lol it looks like the SN-L+ is sold as fc, pmu/cs, gps Rx puck, and usb update board.
Does the original airspeed sensor work with the SN-L+? I'm not seeing any links or references.
Is there anything else required? Only asking this question because with the original sn-l you'd have to select the individual components...

Oh, and has anyone tried SN-L on a gasser?
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jul 08, 2021 at 10:51 PM.
Jul 08, 2021, 11:36 PM
The standard sn-l version one or two air speed sensor works on the plus model
As an experienced flyer I would not recommend flying a gasser with any type of fc. Vibration is one issue as well as the public / property damage outcome from a fly away gasser.
Jul 09, 2021, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by led lighter
The standard sn-l version one or two air speed sensor works on the plus model
As an experienced flyer I would not recommend flying a gasser with any type of fc. Vibration is one issue as well as the public / property damage outcome from a fly away gasser.
Thanks Led
If I didn't have access to a privately owned farming property, no, I wouldn't even consider it. Likewise if I didn't have experience this wouldn't be considered. While I sincerely respect your opinion the debate has been bashed to death over the years but I will say this... ep planes have a volatile Lipo that will be an evil incarnate blaze if it goes in hard enough, yet in 42 years of rc planes I am yet to witness or hear of a gasser flaming up. Turbines absolutely, Lipo powered absolutely, but never an ic plane. Also quite often electric is just as heavy if not heavier than a gasser, eg mate of mine recently converted a 30cc gas to 12 cell and it was considerably heavier than the ic setup. Test, test, and retest before committing to flight, then test and test again.
Gasser fc has been done but I can't remember where I had read some decent information, another thread had a good suggestion for a vibration absorbing setup, I was hoping someone may have used an SN-L on a gasser who may chime in. I was going to buy another Pitlab AP but now the sn-l+ is here I'm tempted to try this, unless it is more susceptible to vibrations.
If I can't find out soon what the digital osd presents I might buy one of these first, if it doesn't like ic I'll install it in a lecky plane.

Quick Reply