This thread is privately moderated by SoCalSurfer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 29, 2021, 03:37 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Thread OP
Sold

WANTED: Beginner-Friendly Quad/Drone

Hi I'm just looking to see if anyone has a beginner-type quad or drone. I'd like to use my current transmitter so would really like one that can bind with Spektrum's DSMX protocol. Please PM me if you have one. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2021, 04:04 PM
Trader Rating: 86
I wouldn't worry so much about prop protection like in your pic if you are flying outdoors and not over people. Props are cheap.

Do you have goggles? Are you looking to stay under 250g? Good luck with your search.
Mar 29, 2021, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
Hi, the picture is just a reference, I’m open to buying one without prop protection. No I don’t have digital fpv goggles yet
Mar 30, 2021, 03:38 PM
Trader Rating: 22
digital will be SIGNIFICANTLY heavier and more expensive. analogue is king for the small/indoor platforms. the total weight should be around an ounce. and a cadix vista is like 20 grams by itself. how big are you trying to go?
Mar 30, 2021, 04:19 PM
Trader Rating: 86
Something like this? https://www.getfpv.com/happymodel-la...drone-kit.html

My only suggestion would be, if you are new at flight controllers and video etc, you might want to get one that was built by a manufacturer and has a bit of documentation vs one that someone home built. The home built might be better in many ways but could be difficult to reverse engineer (lol) and understand how to configure it.
Apr 01, 2021, 02:34 AM
Thread OP
Hi thanks for your info. Yeah I'm definitely going to get a pre-built one rather than one somebody custom made. That Larva-X looks really nice! Thanks!
Apr 01, 2021, 05:53 AM
Trader Rating: 203
Maybe a tiny go to wet your taste buds. To make sure you really like it.
BEST Beginner Drone in 2021 - Geprc Tinygo RTF 4K Bundle - REVIEW & 4K FLIGHTS 🏆 (27 min 5 sec)
Apr 04, 2021, 02:13 AM
Thread OP
Hi thanks! I ended up getting aTiny Hawk 2 with FrSky receiver and an FrSky X10S Express of which I’ve installed OpenTx. I can’t get the quad to bind to the transmitter and now it wont even go into bind mode. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I’ve spent hours trying to bind and am getting nowhere. Thanks.

Quick Reply