Apr 13, 2021, 10:53 AM
AeroDan
Thanks for the info, AirDOGGe!!! I'll start mowing those lawns, and snag one of these.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2021, 01:43 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
AirDOGGe what do you want to build? Can't you just use HH Champ parts?

I have, several times. But 1 white Champ would be different,and easier to repaint. Maybe even mix and match parts for a two-tone fuselage.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Apr 14, 2021, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Good, useful video. Thank you. The top video has a great shot of the receiver at the 13:52 minute mark.
That's a great screenshot of the board, you can actually pick out some numbers there.
Jun 08, 2021, 05:34 PM
So, did anyone find out if it is really a rebrand. Or is it just a clone?
Jun 08, 2021, 05:54 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
No idea. If HH dropped the Champ then maybe whomever had them sold the molds. Looks identical.
Jun 08, 2021, 07:02 PM
HH dropped it about a year and a half ago. It's really an interesting exercise in how not to advertise a model. The Banggood ad is way too cartoon like to even consider it other than a toy. The Aliexpress ad is better, but they claim no transmitter is provided in the questions but the receiver is supposedly a gryo unit. And they offer a camera for it? Hardly lifted one on mine and it was with the Mustang motor. Still, I'm looking forward to the reviews and a side by side comparison. If the molds are still being used or if these are simply overstock HH models in the production line, still, its good to know its around. The 120 foot range might be because that antenna is wrapped around the servo. . . nothing like electrical noise getting in the RF.
Jun 09, 2021, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Good, useful video. Thank you. The top video has a great shot of the receiver at the 13:52 minute mark.

That guy didn't have it long before he started trying to literally tear the motor out and such. And he cuts it open at the seam with a POCKET KNIFE? Didn't take long to mess up a perfectly good plane.

Now if I can just locate an actual PNP version. or at least replacement foam parts.
Isnīt this one PNP? https://www.banggood.com/SeaEagle-2_...Z&rmmds=search

But for 5-6$ more you get a LiPo and charger, and a succky Toy grade Tx, so I think I would go for that...

Tommy
Jun 09, 2021, 03:22 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
I think it is, but odd that they still include specs for the RTF version.
Jun 09, 2021, 04:19 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
Sigh* I dood it. We'll get the mysteries solved once and for all.

With my Bang Good points I got one (PNP) out the door for $60 even, shipping and tax included. should be here next week, if not earlier.

Jun 09, 2021, 05:55 PM
Please keep us posted. Will be interesting to see what you make of it.
Jun 09, 2021, 06:55 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
Like a white biplane with orange wings?

Just a thought,... not the plan
Jun 11, 2021, 02:14 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
Motor selected for the Champ clone if I decide to go brushless with it. I'll run the 1203 off of one of the micro 7A ESC's I've used in the past on builds, though a 5A would do fine. I just can't find a good 5A 1S ESC outside of China.

Specs say it draws less than 4A with a 5030 (130x70) prop.

But I may leave the stock brushed motor in, drop in a basic DSMX receiver and see if I can produce a new Champ version 2.0. (heh-heh). We'll see. I have not decided on receiver yet. I may even stick one in with AS3X and SAFE. It's all up in the air right now. Let's see what the plane has to offer first.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jun 11, 2021 at 02:26 AM.
Jun 13, 2021, 09:22 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
7A ESC came in. This is definitely my favorite micro brushless ESC. I forgot how many I have bought so far.

Bang Good finally sold out of them, but I still find some on eBay. Example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/23402379767...Cclp%3A2334524
Jun 14, 2021, 06:13 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thread OP
"Houston.............. Tranquility Base here.................. The (Sea)Eagle has landed."

First observation. It's a Champ alrighty, right down to the box.

Second observation. Where are the window decals?

More to come.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jun 14, 2021 at 06:20 PM.
Jun 16, 2021, 07:12 AM
Thinking about getting one of these. I never did buy a Champ. How is it out of the box?

Quick Reply